B had a tear to the underside of his rotator cuff that was irritating something else. Damage is cleaned up. He will be able to start a throwing regimen in about 2 months although the Dr. says that pitching will most likely NOT be an option anymore with the damage that was done.
I've already been up for 13 hours today and I feel rather beaten up. He had a rough time coming out of the anesthesia but is sleeping now.
Thanks for the prayers!
4 comments:
Wow, I forgot he was having surgery today. I'm glad he came through it ok and hope he heals quickly! Get some rest :)
While you do need to take it easy with that rotator cuff injury, don't accept the doctor's word as law. My father's mother was given six months to live after suffering a renal failure in the '70s, and she lived for twelve more YEARS. Sometimes those prognoses are little more than educated guesses (which in the end are still guesses). Just have him go slow and gentle, and give him time before putting him back into a team play situation. Also, consider using a little Eastern medicine to help him as well - I've found acupuncture to be highly effective in treating soft tissue injuries and pain.
Glad to hear he's doing well!
Thank you all!
Post a Comment