Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Grand baby here

We're here and home. Little Bit slept from around 11 last night till 7:30 this morning. Is it the normal 11 hours he does for his mommy and daddy? No. But its pretty good for a little one who has never spent a night away from home before. He ate well for me. Hasn't done a whole lot of fussing. His uncle Little Man (ok - these 2 names are too long to type- I'm going to do some re-naming on this blog quickly!) just told me that the baby woke him up once laughing and grabbing his glasses off his face in the middle of the night. Fortunately for us, while Little Bit has learned to crawl, he's still not real proficient at it yet so it's still a hit and miss deal. Mommy Ruth forgot to give grandma his play yard so we put a mattress on the living room floor and uncle and baby slept there last night. In mommy's defense, she thought the play yard was still at my house where it mostly resides, and forgot that they had taken it home.

OK faithful readers, I need some help here. We need to re-name the baby. Idea's welcome. For one, Little Bit is too close to Little Man. We can rename him too as he's not such a "little" man anymore. For another, Too much typing for me! Names that are short and sweet would be appreciated! Thanks!

The baby is trying to walk/crawl at the same time. He goes from his hands and knees to his hands and feet and then sort of flops forward. This is hilarious to watch and gives a great imitation of an inch worm. I spend a good amount of time laughing at him. These kids have absolutely not idea how lucky they were with this baby. He rarely cries. The child wakes up happy and smiling. Not screaming for food or fussing. And he sleeps for reasonable amounts of time and still takes 2 naps a day. Tara slept about 1 1/2 hours at a time. She was walking by 9 months and dumped the Christmas tree over trying to climb it. She could climb out of the play pen and her crib by the time she was 9 months old. The boys are lucky they were ever born with as sleep deprived and stressed out as I was with her. My parents saved me with her. They would take her over-nights and on weekends and let me get some sleep. I was so sleep deprived with that child. And then Hurricane came along. And he was such a good baby. He played quietly and could self entertain. He was such a good baby and then such a good boy. He and I used to have such a good relationship.

Well, off here to chase a cute little baby around. One who I think will be back down for a nap shortly from the look of his eyes. He's had his breakfast. He's had his morning bottle. He's played hard for over an hour. I heard the unmistakable sounds of metal on metal yesterday when I went to stop my car. Little Man is out there now pulling the tire off and starting to try and fix it. He stopped last night after work and picked up the brakes pads for the front. Here's hoping that there's no rotor damage and I caught it soon enough. Prayers, crossed fingers, all well wishes welcome! G'day all!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun with that grandbaby. I hope your brakes are ok!

Amy said...

Sharon~

Thanks!

Minnie said...

I'm pretty sure you could call him Elmer Fudd and he'd still be too freaking cute.

Amy said...

Minnie~

It would serve you right if I started calling him Elmer in here now. LOL

Dee said...

Have fun with that grandbaby!!!

Names, names...the names I pick for my characters aren't too popular...LOL

Amy said...

The names you pick for your characters are definitely accurate though

Smirking Cat said...

Babies fascinate me. They look so mesmerized by everything, and I'm always wondering what they are thinking!

Lori G. said...

Minnie made me laugh...she's right, any name won't matter because he's just so adorable!

I know someone who was nicknamed "Baby Boy" but it kind of stuck; I knew him when he was 13 and that's just wrong. :-)

I hope your car is okay -- hopefully the rotors are okay (I've had an Eagle Summit which seemed to go through rotors like crazy although we could shave them occasionally.)

Have fun with the Sweetie Pie.

Amy said...

Lori~

I just want something easier and shorter to type. LOL Just call me lazy!

I am going to have to replace one rotor it looks like. I am hoping not but its not looking good.

Amy said...

Smirking Cat~

If you could find the answer to that - you'd be a millionaire.

Anonymous said...

Maybe just to LB and LM? I'm totally not creative with names as you've seen :)
I hope the rotors are ok, good think Little Man can do handy stuff like that!

Amy said...

othermommy~

The one rotor looks like it will have to be replaced. Unfortunately, we have been unable to get the screws to turn to change the pads to this point so it looks like a trip to the shop is in the near future.