Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm a bit worried

What a day!  The Rangers game last night was hit by a storm.  Not a little old rain shower.  A good, hail throwing, wind blowing, boomer of a storm.  And the powers that be for the Rangers delayed the game for 45 minutes before the storm ever came in.  Instead of playing for those 45 minutes and then delaying the game after the storm came in - they had us all sitting around waiting for the rain to come.  Then when it came, we all went under the over-hangings where you can usually wait out a quick shower.  They were expecting a doozy because they cleared all the folks out of the upper levels and made them come down to the lower levels before the storm hit.  They were right.  When that hail came in - it was horrible.  I got separated from B in the press of bodies all trying to avoid the storm.  I was standing by a group of 20ish kids and a mom with 2 little (one probably 3, the other probably 5-6) little ones and then she had a couple of older ones.  When the hail came in, it was dropping hard and it was flying back at us under that over-hang.  One of the 20ish something guys, the mom and I put the 2 little ones in the middle and then tented over them with our bodies to stop them from getting pounded.  The younger of the 2 kept wanting to look up at the hail falling and I was having visions of the kid losing an eye or something.  The crowd cleared out somewhat and we sent the mom into the inside of the stadium.  Then I started calling and texting B's phone trying to find his non-listening tail. I say this because I told the boy to stay with me.  I was a bit worried there for a few (less than 5 minutes) before he answered a text.  However, it turned out that the press of the crowd had just pushed him towards one of the better protected areas and our security guard had kindly let B hang out with him and one of the other guards until I got to him.  God bless our security guard who is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.  He worked our area of the stadium last year as did our usher and we've gotten to know both of the guys fairly well.  They've been very good to my runt and I adore both of them.  Anywho....  2 hours and 24 minutes past the regular start time, the game finally started.  And yes, I could have given up and gone home.  But, if you do that and the game doesn't rain out- you lose your money.  And more importantly....  It was the Yankees in town.  That happens to be all 4 of my boys favorite team.  It is not my favorite team.  Or my 2nd favorite team.  Or the 3rd, 4th, or 10th.  In case I haven't been clear enough- I cannot stand the Yankees.  I think they're a bunch of over-paid, egotistical, jerks.  There are a few individual players that I think are good- but as a team - Yuck!  So, as the game didn't start till 9:30, we ended up having to drive home thru another hail storm at o'dark thirty and I could only do 35 in a 60 for about the last 15 miles home.  Time that my son actually hit the shower last night?  1:38 AM.  Yes, I am a bad mommy.  

Then, of course, when we got home just before 2 AM, I found a nice flood of water in the hallway where the hot water tank was leaking all over the back hall.  Yes, what a life!  The hot water tank had totally died and was spewing its innards all over my hallway.  And, of course, the folks that had installed it had not bothered to put a cut off valve at the tank.  So, there was no way of shutting off the water without shutting off the water to the whole house.  Make. My. Night.  As I was beyond exhausted and had absolutely no intention of going outside to turn the water off last night and as it was only leaking about a bath towels worth every hour, I piled a bunch of towels around the area that it was leaking and went to bed.  (There are snakes and creepy crawlies outside at 2 am folks)  Besides, what could I do about it at that hour.  I sure wasn't calling in a plumber at that time of night.  One of the cousin's that lives in the neighborhood is a plumber and I caught up to him today.  He went and got the tank and installed it and everything.  No stress- no fuss- pretty much no effort on my part.  That's my type of repair.  Now, I have to mop my back hallway which is actually good because I've been putting it off because I have been doing other things instead so being forced to get down there is actually a good thing.  

So, my daughter that I've talked about has still not got her life together.  The worthless loser that she is with managed to lose another job and get them evicted again.  They can't go back to the last 2 states they've resided in because worthless loser has warrants out for his arrest in both states.  His mom has told them that they are not welcome back at her house.  His sister has requested that they not return to her house.  They are definitely not welcome back here even if there weren't warrants out for him.  So, you'll never believe where they moved.  They moved in with SD.  So, now we have a cocaine dealer (out on bond) with a crack addict.  Cause let's not forget the time worthless loser left daughter standing on a corner in crack city Dallas and drove away at 4:30 in the morning.  And pawned his mothers car to the dealer.  Throw in some alcohol abuse from the 2 of them and you have a match made in hell.  I figure that if I give it a week, I ought to be reading about the 2 of them in the police report section of the paper.  My mom is absolutely petrified that daughter is going to end up dead or in prison.  I figure it's about a given at this point and I'm trying to accept that fact.  But, 2 drug addicts together (before the fist fight comes) is trouble waiting to happen for anyone they're not particularly  fond of.  And I happen to rank high on both lists.  I am glad that we are moving in 2 weeks to a place that neither one of them knows where it is.  That way, they can't get on a drunk and decide that harassing me or the boys is fun.  

Well, that big 2 1/2 hours of sleep I got last night is beating me up right now, so I'm off to bed.  Apparently, the Rangers wanted to give the rubber match game to the Yankee's tonight since it took till the bottom of the 7th for them to wake the bats up.  I'm not going to make it till the end of the game tonight.  Take care all my friends!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I hate to hear about your water tank. I hope it didn't damage any flooring.

Daughter and BF must have been out of options to choose living with SD. I imagine it won't be long before they move again. Try not to worry.

Summer said...

It will work out, I'm sure your daughter won't stay with SD for long.

Again, you and your sitcom life! The water heater issue is...SO UNJUST at this point! You don't need any more distractions before you move!

Lori G. said...

I keep imagining everyone's cars down there permanently dinged by hail! I'm glad you got to see the game and it's always fun to root against the Yankees. :-)

As for your daughter; I know you must be ill thinking about it even though you have no control over ANY of it. I'm really glad you did not step in and offer to help. The whole set-up with your daughter and SD (together or individually) sounds like a lose-lose situation. I'm just sorry.