Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday updates

I spoke to the administration building today at the schools.  It is an excused absence to keep the boys home.  They are still waiting on the test results for the other schools.  I sure wish that they would hurry up with the results.  I appreciate the input from everyone about keeping them home.  They are home today.  Little Man isn't thrilled with the idea.  He likes school.  Not because he likes to learn but because he's a social butterfly.  God forbid he not have a chance to socialize and irritate the teachers.  

We spent last night rearranging things and piling boxes and totes for the move in one room.  Before that point, I had boxes in every room.  I basically cleaned out the dining room and made it moving central.  I am so ready to be done and moved and start putting my house back together.  We just keep packing and disconnecting and trying to get things together.  And it seems that for every one thing that I pack, I find two more things that I forgot about.  

So, last night Little Man ran up to Walmart with Tom.  Yes, Tom returned all of Little Man's stuff.  He also called me and apologized for his behavior.  They are still best friends and Tom came down for the weekend to visit.  He was supposed to go back to his mom's house last night.  They went to the store last night with Tom's old girlfriend and another friend.  Apparently, Tom needed gas to get back to his mom's and his girlfriend wanted window paint.  While they were there, some other kid that they know from school, pulled up next to the 2 cars and started shooting at the kids with an airsoft rifle.  Tom was hit several times in the chest with no real injury.  He had some red marks but he had on a t-shirt and a sweat shirt so they didn't break skin.  Little Man was hit in the neck.  It broke skin and is all nasty.  He hit the 2 girls too.  The kids called the police and there was a report filed.  I am not happy about it all.  The police apparently told the kids that the child responsible for this would be charged with multiple counts of assault.  He should be.  I cannot even begin to tell you how mad I am with all this.  Just another reason that I'm glad we're moving.

Well, off to pack some more and get the rest of the totes out of the boys bedrooms.  I'll have to take a pix when I get them all stacked up so y'all can see this mess.  And they're moving the furniture.  It's hard to believe that we have this much junk.  B has been throwing all kinds of things away.  I think I'm with him.  Let's get rid of some of this clutter.  I can't believe we have accumulated so much stuff in the last 11 years.  When I moved here, I came with 5 kids aged 4-14 and a 24 foot uhaul.  Now, it seems like I'm moving more to move 2 kids with me than I had with the 5.  


5 comments:

Summer said...

OMG! That's so scary, poor Little Man. I'm so glad he's okay, but I'd be terrified. I can't believe somebody would just do that for no reason...but I guess I really shouldn't be surprised.

Moving sucks. I'm with you there. Fortunately it looks like I'll be staying in my house for at least another year, so I get to escape the headache this time. You can make it, there's only a month left! :-)

Anonymous said...

I would be mad about the airsoft rifle too. That is dangerous!

The Wicked Stepmonster said...

OMG!!!

Smirking Cat said...

I am glad the police were called and it wasn't brushed off. I'd be mad as hell!

Summer said...

I know I shouldn't really be mad about the covenant thing. I just thought it seemed like such a good idea, considering what he's always talking about, and then for him to be like, "Well, do I have to answer now?" was like a slap in the face. Like, wait a minute- I'm offering you what you want, this will FORCE us to work out any issues we have and divorce won't be an option- and you have to think about it?

But I haven't said that to him. We're still on speaking terms and all. I'm just grouchy as hell on the inside. lol

So stoked for Idol tonight! GOOOOOOOO DANNY AND ALLISON!