Now, myself, I'm the type of parent that knows that I taught my kids right from wrong and I'm there when they want me or need me. But with some of this stuff - I don't even want to be involved. B is friends with a little boy that he's played ball with since they were 5. Great kid. Nice parents. The dad coached B's team for years. But the mom is right up in every bit of the kids business. He gets in a fight with another kid- mom is on the phone calling the other kids mom. And none of it is ever her child's fault. None. Of. It. Just ask her. That poor child is the most over-scheduled child I've ever seen. The poor kid never has time to just ... be a kid.
Yesterday they showed up and started putting my ramp together. The owner, Wayne, was very apologetic. I think it's a great case of him covering his tail. He did take a walk thru the house. He did agree that a lot of the damage could have been avoided. He's supposedly sending a drywall man out here next week to fix it all. My ramp is usable. The steps still aren't attached to it yet but that's ok. He's going to have to put some lag bolts in it instead of screws though because it's not holding together right. His guy that took the ramp apart tore it up. He's done an admirable job putting it back together but screws aren't going to cut it. Not with the weight of the chairs.
So, moving 190 miles from one town to another hasn't stopped the influx of extra kids. We ran back to old town yesterday and picked up a couple of young ladies. These girls are friends of Little Man. The one young lady has been friends with him since they were 6. She keeps telling me that she's moving in with us as soon as she convinces her parents. I'm thinking that she's never going to get away with that but in the meantime, I'm sure we'll see a bit of her. We took a short walk thru the woods last night. The girls loved it. Stopped at Vix's house while I was in town and got all my freezer stuff from her freezer. We also dropped off a box of Ice Cube's clothes so that I didn't have that extra stuff to deal with when we go down for the 4th. I am going to try to get all of my boys together for pictures while we are in town. Either with a photographer we know or in for professional portraits. With or without the girls. We're leaving Weds to go back thru the weekend. Ice Cube and Ruth are coming in from Austin too. I can't wait!
I'm sure this will be the last time I see Ice Cube and Ruth before the baby comes. They have talked about doing a labor induction on her around the 13th. We'll know more on Weds when she goes back to the Dr. Well, I'm going to close off here before another storm rolls thru. The satellite internet goes out faster than satellite tv when storms come.
2 comments:
Things seem to be improving. I hope you're settling in and enjoying your new place!
I'm so glad that the moving company is being responsive.
At least there is something working in your favor.
Post a Comment