Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

warning....

If you're in a good mood- STOP! Do not read any further. This post is full of resentment and frustration.

Against my better judgment this past week, I allowed the boys to bring a friend home with them when we came back from old town. Don't ask me why I did. I knew it was a mistake from the minute that it was mentioned. This kid is a do nothing type kid. He has no ambition, no goals, and no respect. And every single bit of progress that Little Man has made since we've moved here has flown out the window with the arrival of this other kid. The attitude that had made such a turn around here- back. The mouth - running at full speed again. The progress shown with patience- disappeared. I was enjoying having him around the house and we were making good progress not only with his school work but with some home projects. Gone. Now, his school work is done. He finished class one with an 89 and we are awaiting his next set of books. So, he would have had some what of a break. But, all he has done is sleep and eat and attitude me to the point wanting to pull my hair out.

Now, you may ask why I don't run no ambition child home? If I take him home, I give up Thanksgiving with the kids. I don't have gas and money to make another trip back to be rid of him. Consequently, I am miserable. I am resentful. And I am totally out of patience. I want my child back. I have tried talking to Little Man. No luck so far. And to top it off- now B is starting in. And this other child has shown a decided lack of respect too. I can't figure out if my boys are being disrespectful because he is or if he's being disrespectful because they are. They're feeding off each other.

If you are a praying type person. Please pray for me to have the strength and patience to make it thru 3 more days. Just 3 more days and then I can be rid of him. Of course, it will probably take me a month to de-program my kids but I might get lucky there too. Just seems like Little Man is a totally different person around the kids from old town and the kids from the new one. Of course, the kids from new town are all around more polite and well mannered than his friends from old town were anyways. Whatever the case may be, my humor and patience are sadly lacking right now.

you could also pray for santa to drop some wine or mind numbing drugs down the chimney tonight to help me survive until weds????? yeah, it was worth a shot....


4 comments:

The Step In Mom. . . said...

I could Fed Ex you a box of wine, but we aren't aloud to ship wine over state lines in MD... so I will have a glass for you, cuz I am having a rough night also.

Minnie said...

Poor thing. I'll be sending prayers your way.

If you have a chance drop me an e-mail with your address.

minniesue at g mail dot com.

I have something for you.

Anonymous said...

I'd call the boys parents to come get him.

I'm sorry you're having to endure this abuse. I hope it gets better.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the dreaded friend syndrome. I HATED that when my boys were still young. Seems there was always that one kid who brought out the worst in mine.

Prayers sent, cyber hugs, and remember this too shall pass. ;)