Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

ATT mistake

What a day. ATT screwed up and put 5 authorizations on my credit card for one charge. Five folks. So, would anyone like to guess what they did to my account? Now, ATT and the bank will refund all the fees. In up to 10 business days. Right - thanks people. That's not helpful at all.

Have you ever know someone who thought that if they lied loud enough and repeated the lie enough times, that the facts would change to fit in with their fantasy? Sure you do. We all know people like this. They think that if they tell the story enough times and twist the facts in the telling enough times, that the facts really do change. They tell the lie so many times that they begin to believe it. Come on now. Admit it. We all know someone like this. Either they're so dishonest with themselves that they're can't see the truth. Or they're so miserable in their lives that they can't face the truth. Or they're just delusional. Whichever the case, they think if they tell their story enough times, someone will believe them. Or maybe they're just trying to convince themselves. And you know that there's nothing that you can do to get them to face facts. They're so scared of the facts that they'd rather chew off their arm like a wild animal caught in a trap than face the facts.

A lot of my blog friends deal with ex's like this. Kids missing 15 days of school without a doctors note? They're still the perfect mom. Kids living in a house full of animal feces or urine? They still try to delude themselves into thinking they're good and loving parents. Haven't utilized visitation in almost a year or two or ten? They're still "great" parents. Just ask them. They will still delude themselves into thinking that they have a good relationship with their kids. Even though the kids don't have any relationship with them. Because you can't have a relationship with anyone when you don't bother working at it. And donating sperm or eggs to create a child does not make anyone a parent. No matter what lies they want to tell themselves to make themselves feel better. And in life, we've all met someone like this. Its the luck of the draw. You might have to work with them. You might have been blessed enough to end up with one of these folks in your family. You might get blessed enough to have to marry in to their family. A daughter, a brother in law, a daughter in law, a niece, a step-son or daughter, a co-worker. They all have a few things in common though. And one of those things will be, when you bust them- they will proclaim their version of the truth as loudly and obnoxiously as they can possibly do so. And to as many people as they can get to listen. As if they need to convince someone, anyone that their lies are true. Even if its just them self they're trying to convince. And people will always see thru their pathetic attempts at manipulation. Its just the way it works.

Well, I'm going to get off here and watch some boob tube. The storms that rolled here tonight messed up my American Idol. They took the satellite down and cost me my show. They also took down my internet but American Idol is definitely more important. We all know that. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you just described BM. She's been lying to herself and everyone else for so long that she believes the lies now. She is the innocent victim who hasn't done anything wrong, yet she hasn't seen her kids in over a year, continues to ignore them, forget their birthdays and Christmas too. How does she expect her four children to feel about this 10 years from now? I will tell you. They see how she is and what she's done (or hasn't done) and they will not want anything to do with her.

Great post :)

Dee said...

I'm sorry, I can't name just one. You described most of my "family" and some exes! LOL

As...painful as it can be, you need to walk away. Disengage. Abort. Seeyalateralligator.

I'm not a rabid Dr. Phil fan, but I read something by him once, and it slapped me upside the head. So simple, yet so true. And I've tried to live my life according to it ever since.


"There are 2 kinds of people in life. Contributors & contaminants." Yes, a person can be both, but they tend to fall more solidly into one category or the other. Think about what the word contaminants means....then tell me why in the hell you'd want that in your life.

LOL

HUGS!

The Step In Mom. . . said...

I know A LOT of people like this... or at least I used to... I try to distance myself from them as much as possible.

Summer said...

I know you were talking about my hubby's ex with some of those digs- thanks for the shout-out! lol I know eventually these absences (16 and counting) will come back to bite her in the butt somehow.

Sorry about missing your texts last night. I am the most scatterbrained person on the planet when it comes to my phone- last night I left it at work. But I missed most of the show anyway since the ex was 45 minutes late to pick up the kids. Oh well...