Last year, Tara went to SD's. A trip that didn't end well. Tom drove off stranding Tara at SD's house. Tom was accused by SD's crazy girlfriend, M, of stealing. M and Tara didn't get along at all. Tara was stranded there when Tom drove off and left her behind. Personally, I wish she would have left him then and came back to TX at that point but... it wasn't her breaking point yet. T was down there visiting her brother and offered to drop Tara off at the house she and Tom had on their way back. I don't know what all happened between the two of them during that time at SD's house and honestly, I don't want to. I do know that Tara doesn't like T. Not at all. She said that she lies and she's two-faced. Something to do with T being at SD's house talking badly about me and telling SD (her brother) that she never spoke to me. T and Tara haven't spoken since.
So, today we were driving past T's house. Little Man wanted to stop and see his aunt. So, I gave him the number and he asked her about stopping by. She told him no that he couldn't come by because Tara was with us. Little Man - upset. Mom - mad. My ex- will be absolutely furious with his sister because she just cost him his last source of information. And folks, if anyone thinks that T wasn't feeding SD information about me and the kids- come on! I know she was. I've caught her and proved it more than once. I just made sure that she didn't have access to anything that I didn't care if he knew or not. This... to me... the last straw.
She, like the rest of SD's family, has come in and out of the kids lives on whim. It's always been when she has time. At her convenience. I have always looked at it from the perspective that some contact with anyone from that side of the family was better than no contact at all. But, no matter what - my kids have to come first. Now, if T were to tell me that Tara had done something specific to cause this issue- that would be a different story. But there is nothign. Nothing specific happened. This all boils down to the same old garbage that I've gone thru for years. SD adopted Tara and Hurricane. They are not his biological children. And his family refused to accept them. They never did accept them. I remember the first Christmas after Ice Cube was born. SD's mom showed up with a bunch of toys for Ice Cube. She brought Hurricane and Tara a pair of mittens. Try explaining that to two small children. It never got any better. Not with any of that side of the family.
Now, what exactly will this actually change as far as our "normal" lives and activities? Absolutely nothing. Even though we only live 30 miles from T, we have only seen her twice since we moved here. We don't socialize on a regular basis. Little Man talks to one of her boys but that son is actually leaving for the Marines in a few months anyhow and most of their contact is via a friend networking site. Cousin J, not T's son and if he hung around Little Man less I don't know how upset I would be. Little Man tends to be a bit of an attitude boy when he's around Cousin J. So, our daily routine won't change at all.
In other news, our precious baby is back with his loving mommy and daddy. He was so very happy to see his folks. His folks were so very happy to see him. I'm sure he'll be happy to be home in his own bed tonight. And Grandma- well, she has a ton of things to accomplish before I head down there for his surgery next week and the wedding I have to go to.
Keep smiling all!
2 comments:
Don't let them get to you, Amy. It's their loss.
Hope you catch up on some rest while that baby's away. :)
Oh, Amy, I'm glad you said goodbye to someone that poisonous. She's just a sh-t-stirrer. It sounds like no one really gained anything from having her in your lives.
Post a Comment