Yesterday was a big day around here. Not only did we have the trip with the baby, I took Tara to meet up with Tom to sign her divorce papers. Tom is still playing the manipulation game. On one hand, he gets the papers for her to sign but she can only have them if she "talks" to him. That mostly involved him up in her face while she tried to get the papers. She got some of her stuff so she's better off there than she was but of course, all her school things... not given to her. Now, not only is Tom trying to manipulate her but he is [of course] sucking his family into the game too. He stuck his sister's gf, Tonia on Tara last night. And in every conversation, its the blame game. He did nothing wrong. He loves her. Its her fault he kicked her out. Its her fault that he drank. Its her family's fault that he was violent and abusive towards her underage brothers. And even Tonia who plays the "we're friends" thing - tries to sing the same old over-used song. Tonia tells Tara that Tom loves her- that he's miserable and crying- that he "quit drinking". And yet... Not a single time has Tom ever shown any hint of a change. He still wants everything his way. He still refuses to accept responsibility for any of the issues that have occurred. The problems between he and the boys- of course the boys fault. I mean - Little Man was 15 when Tom threw him out in the street 200 miles from home and chased him around a car in the front yard threatening to kill him and the police had to take LM into protective custody. That was all Little Man's fault. Of course, none of it was Tom's fault. Wasn't Tom's fault that he robbed stores all those times either. An invisible person put an invisible gun to his head and forced him to walk into the store, fill his cart with things and walk back out without paying for them. That same imaginary man must have been the one that made him beat up the store greeter that time to get away too. You know, maybe if his family didn't spend so much time defending him and they had ever told him how pathetic he was to refuse to hold a job or support himself (let alone a wife) or what a loser he was for refusing to support his kids- maybe Tom would still have his first wife ... instead of going thru his 2nd divorce. Maybe instead of driving the get away car for him on his store robberies, his mom should have taught him that stealing was wrong (that is straight from Tom... he told me that his mom would go to the stores with him and wait outside for him to go in and steal stuff...Tom claims that his trip to prison was all his mom's fault - now remember here though...most of what Tom says is a lie). Maybe instead of supporting him, they should have told him to get off his lazy tail and get a job instead of thinking he's entitled to anything he wants and he has the right to just take it. Maybe they should have taught him that drinking till you beat people up every night is wrong instead of buying more alcohol for him to abuse. Maybe instead of telling him how mean his ex was for not bowing down to him and letting an abusive alcoholic spend unsupervised time with the kids they would have better served him to tell him to get help, get a job and be a decent role model and support his kids rather than just being a worthless sperm donor who does nothing for his kids. Its funny. Tom's family. Just like SD's family. SD's family- drinks with him and tells him how abused he is that the kids are mad at him. Nothing is ever their fault. In both cases, neither of them have ever accepted responsibility for anything that has ever happened or gone wrong in their lives. Even when they have had to do jail time- not their fault for what they did...someone else's fault for whatever messed up reason they feel like using that day. In both cases, they are alcoholics and drug abusers. In both cases, they are bullies and think physical violence is the way to handle anyone who doesn't agree with them. In both cases, they like to try and manipulate the people around them and both of them play the "pity poor me" game. So sad really. Tom and SD cannot stand each other. And its funny because they are so much alike as to be twins in personality. They had no problem drinking and drugging together when they were there together though. Of course not! Tara is ready to go back home to the property and the peace there. Right now- I don't blame her one bit. Being here and having to deal with Tom's constant pity party would make me want to leave town too.
In other news, LM still has no car. They are grinding his fly wheel now and the mechanic will pick him up in his car when its done. It will still be a few hours and it sucks that he will have very little time down here but he will get to come down for a few. Trying to get him to trade his few hours of work tomorrow for someone's Sunday hours so he can gain more time to stay.
Well, Elmer wants fed so his grandma is going to go feed him some breakfast. His mommy and daddy are getting some much needed sleep after the baby keeping them up all night.
Keep smiling all!
11 comments:
So did they sign the papers? If there is an issue next time, I would call the police. Let Tom explain to Mr. Officer why he won't give Tara her clothes ect.
That type of people- the blame game type- seem to be reproducing at an alarming rate. Maybe we really do need lifeguards in the gene pool...
I see why SD and Tom don't along; well, there's only room for one Alpha A--hole Dog in each group and neither one of them is going to be the #2 Alpha A-D.
I think the more that Tara can detach herself from the things that Tom has, the better off she will be. She'll be less susceptible to his tricks to get in touch with her. At least she sees how messed up Tom's family is now. (And they are messed up. And if you're one of them, really, you could be on a Jerry Springer show soon or COPS whichever comes to your town first.)
I'm sorry about LM's car. I hope he can switch hours with someone so he can see everyone longer. Have fun with the baby! I know you will!
Wow. What a pain in the ass Tom is being. But, I sort of expected it. With Tara so close, he probably figures this may be his only chance to turn on the "charm".
Step-in~
Yes! Papers signed. Thank Goodness. Although I totally understand the pain and sadness she felt- I also understand the relief she feels. Actually, she had to threaten to take the police over there before he would agree to meet up with her clothes. But he claims he "changed". Right! Still playing the manipulation games constitutes changing right?
Kou~
lifeguards? LOL That's a great one!
Lori~
I think with Tom... COPS is the more likely thing. His family is so warped going back for generations that they have no idea how bad it is. They think that everyone else is wrong. Its really sad!
Dee~
Never thought of it like that. Maybe that's it. She has said that the next time she's in town, she just won't tell him. She ends up telling him stuff that she never means just to shut him up and all the while rolling her eyes. I told her that she's not being fair to him but then again - I frankly can't stand him and don't care if she's fair to him or not. LOL
That invisible person with the gun held to heads appears to run rampant in these parts too...great way to never take responsibility! Everything is conveniently someone else's fault. Even when it makes no damn sense whatsoever. How sad adults choose to behave that way.
So glad to hear that everything with Elmer went well. I was praying for you all yesterday.
On a second note, I keep trying to say something encouraging about Tara's divorce, but bitchslap is all that comes to mind.
Okay, I'm done now.
Smirking Cat~
Well said! Shame that these so called adults were never taught to accept responsibility as children. And notice- most of them have parents no better than the adult children we're dealing with.
Minnie~
I am a bad friend and should have texted you! Please forgive me. He is much better today- yesterday was a little rough.
If I thought slapping any of them would do any good... I'm afraid I'd knock the single brain cell left out of whomever's head its in. ;)
Sorry I'm late reading this post. I'm glad Elmer's procedure went well. Bless his heart.
Kudos to Tara for ignoring Tom and his family's attempts to win her back. Now that the papers are signed, hopefully she can heal and move on.
What a great relief to read this posting, Amy...Oh, I know I am late/tardy to read, but have had in the past month, illness/death within our family circle, and it has been a little rough to get back to blogging...Hopefully, I can get back to basics again...
I was happy to read that you are still in Tara's "corner" and helping her as you are...And, of course I am sorry that Tom has become stubborn and not let things go smoothly...I hope that she gets all the belongings that she wants, and glad to know that she is doing what she feels is the right thing. Oh, I imagine that his family will stand up and defend his butt, even though of his faults that I am sure they see~!!
Will try and keep up....Best to you and the family....
Dee~
Tom's idea of charm is manipulation and threats. He's such a boob. ;)
Sharon~
From your words to God's ears.
Thanks for the well wishes with Elmer. He's doing much better and into everything again. In other words... back to normal.
Margaret~
Glad you're back. Sorry that you've had such a rough month!
I've never left her corner. Just refused to watch when she wouldn't leave him because I couldn't stand to watch my child being abused. She'll heal. It will take time but she'll make it.
Post a Comment