The boys had a spaghetti dinner for their youth group at church yesterday. They've done 3 fund raisers already towards church camp. The cost of camp is $170/kid. That's a price that is obviously out of my price range. The boys have worked all 3 fund raisers. The youth group has raised $1200 so far in the first 3 fundraisers. With any luck, they'll be able to fundraise enough money to drop the cost per kid enough that they boys will get to go. It's looking pretty good. They made $600 today at their dinner. I went and made my donation to the cause. I met a few people from the community and got invited to the church. On Sundays that I can actually move around and walk - I may have to take them up on their kind offer. The people I met today were genuinely nice. I'm pretty much a hermit. I don't like new people - don't like crowds so I tend to avoid situations where there are large groups of people.
After I got home from the spaghetti dinner, Kristi was pulling in from her night out on the town. Buddy (as she has nicknamed him) got out of the truck and he and I chatted for a bit. He's a really good guy. He's good to her. Good to the boys. The boys love hanging out with him. He's well educated, he knows baseball (a big plus in our world), he and I sat here one night till 2 AM talking about old tv shows and the actors/actresses that were on them. We also hit the topic of several baseball teams during that conversation. Kristi wasn't quite sure what to make of it. One night Buddy sat around here playing 360 with the boys. He and B have a running smack talking going over the stupid game. He's a good friend to Kris and to the boys. When I told him about the eggs, he told me that there was some snake stuff that we could get to keep snakes out of the pen.
After Buddy left, Kristi and I took a run into the big town nearby. We were going to go to the big home store for some plumbing stuff and carpet we needed. Well, when we went into town, we were going to stop at the hobby store. That was closed. But we ended up going into another store that Kris wanted to look at. And we meandered thru the store checking out things. Kris was really excited to get ideas for decorating. She wants to decorate so badly. She lost so much stuff over the years.
Then we went to that home improvement type place. Got a new shower faucet set for my bathroom. Got some new carpet for my closet and my bedroom. Picked up some other odds and ends that we needed for around here. Can someone please tell me why when they built this house, they didn't bother to put cut-offs on any of the individual water lines. There was one cut off and it shuts off the water to the whole house. Over the years, I've added cut-offs to the individual water lines so that if one line goes - you don't have to lose water to the whole house. It's quite the pain in the tuckus. Little Man is intrigued by the plumbing work. It's something that he loves to do with no begging, pleading, or arguing. Got the snake keep out stuff. I'm putting a barrier of this stuff around my house too. You sprinkle this stuff on the ground. Something in it burns the snakes skin or something and they can't crawl thru it. However it works, when we got home from that expensive store, we started working on the chicken coop. We added some wire, stapled down what was there better, fed and watered the idiot birds, and put the snake barrier stuff around the coop. By then, the sun was going down and the birds were ready to roost for the night.
Then it was inside. We cut the existing water lines and put the cut-offs in. We started to install the new faucet but (as usual) we were missing 1 little CPVC piece to make it work. That and we need some white calk. Isn't that the way it always works with plumbing. You always end up making a $10 trip back to the home improvement store for a 50 cent piece. But I went and picked up everything else today and LM and I have been putting it together. I found a large patch of mold under the tile too (can you say thank you water leaks?) and also picked up some type of mold killer stuff. After you spray it with the mold killer stuff, you paint it with a 2nd expensive little can of stuff and that solves your problem. Theoretically at least.
It was another pain night last night so I ended up being up till 5 this morning. Kristi stayed up and chatted with me. Kept me company and my mind off the pain. We spoke a lot about the garbage that has been going on. For the latest update on what Tom and his crazier than nutty family have been up to click: HERE
Well, I'm happy to say that LM got a new job today. Many more hours than his old job and a job he is excited to be starting. His mommy is thrilled.
Anyone who doesn't have a password to the other site will have to email me to get one. Bonnie and Clyde Tom are just way too interested in my opinion of them. Let me close by saying. This is my playground. This is my World. Read the title folks. If you don't like what you're reading - see the little red ex? Click it! I didn't ask you to come play. I surely didn't ask you to come stalk. There's this thing called free speech and I choose to exercise my right to it. I am not going to change my opinion just because you don't like how you're portrayed. If you don't like how you look when it's typed out in black and white- don't complain to the management - change your actions! Whining about how you look in my blog doesn't make you look any better- it just shows that you don't like the way you look in the mirror. Get a life and do something about the pathetic one you're obviously living.
4 comments:
I wonder if the snake stuff works for iguanas.....
Congrats on son's job.
And, that last paragraph, yeah that. TOTALLY.
Glad to hear Kristi is making some nice friends.
We always have the same problem when we start a project, we forget something and have to go back a million times. It wasn't so bad at the old house because we lived 5 minutes from the home improvement store. Now, there isn't even one in our county! We either have to head over the bridge, or go to the next state.
I forgot your password, and it was saved in my old e-mail account that got hi-jacked, can you send it to my new account?
Snakes suck eggs???? And the eggs go flat??!? Wow...I learn something new every day! :-)
Dee~
I don't know if it would work on iguana's or not. It would be worth looking into I imagine.
Step-in~
It's the 900 trips back to the store for the stupid things that kill me. We live in the middle of no where. It's like 35 miles to the nearest headache store. I wouldn't mind running up there for a 22 cent cpvc 1/2 inch connector if it weren't a 1 1/2 hour trip every time. Like you - we have to run to the next county which is literally 1/2 mile from the next state to go to the store. UGH!
Kweenmama~
I guess so because my eggs have survived since I put the snake block down. Boy does that stuff stink too!
Post a Comment