Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fair Time

      What a day!  I got up this morning, cleaned the kitchen, started the laundry, and straightened up a bit.  Then I woke Little Man who luckily unfortunately had the day off.  I took my car to the mechanic and got it looked at before heading back to Old Town, Went and got a new tire on the back where I had a bad one, took LM to the junk yard to look for some smaller rims for his car, went and got my B-12 shot, and then went to that big awful store and picked up B's prescriptions and picked up a few things that LM was gonna need while I was out of town.  Then back home to pack and go nuts.  Hanging with the boys now watching stuff on the DVR until they go to church.  


     I'm going to miss my boys.  They may drive me bats from time to time but I wouldn't know what to do without them.  And I'm going to really hate being gone right now with B coming down with something.  I took him to the doc yesterday and they diagnosed him with a sinus infection.  Sounds mild enough right?  They stuck him on antibiotics.  He should be fine right?  Theoretically at least?  Yeah, this is my kid who spent most of the first year of his life in the hospital.  So, even though its been 10 years since he got sick enough to end up in the hospital, I'm still worried.  I took all his meds to Nanny and she'll stay on him about taking them.  I took care of signing notes with the school and his doc for her to be able to deal with things too.  


     Well, apparently I will miss them much more than they will miss me.  Tonight they have gone to church and now they're over at a girls house.  It is really obvious that they won't miss me at all.  Eh such is life with teenagers.  Girls are much more interesting to teenage boys than spending time with mom.  Good thing I'm not one of those insecure type parents that needs my kids to spend every spare minute with me or that gets jealous of their other interests.  I'd spend my whole life upset if I were.  Instead, I'll take the time to watch a bit of my game in peace and I finished up my packing and I've got some time to play on line.  And in an hour, the boys will come thru the door like a tornado eating everything that they see and leaving a path of destruction behind them.  ;)  


    Hope everyone had a great day!  

No comments: