~ Little Man is on his way to pick up Ice Cube and Elmer. The details of why are not my story to share. This is all part of the same issues that started in August. What I can say is IC will be coming here to stay for a bit. At this point, it looks as though they are going to be civil in regards to Elmer.
~ We have had no end of storms the last few days. Several tornados have touched down around here but no damage to my house or property.
~ Car trouble on the trip. Trouble with the cadaladic (so spelled wrong) converter. Hurricane is riding in to the rescue. LM is all agitated and frustrated and calling me in a horrid mood being totally disrespectful. I'm trying to not over-react and turn it into a battle of words or wills because for 1 - I know that he was already aggravated over the situation with IC before he left and worried about his brother and 2 - I can only imagine how upset I would be if the car had broken down on me. So, I know that I am not who he's mad at and I'm just the one he feels safest venting at. Now, that doesn't mean that I won't have something to say about the attitude. But it will be along the lines of: "I realize that you were pi**ed about the car earlier and frustrated about everything that happened but screaming in my ear when I'm 100 miles away doesn't really accomplish anything. All it does is cause more problems and get other people upset. "
Now, because I want to make your day. The kids did NOT write this song. It is an actual song that was originally written and performed by Pat Daley. I ended up with 21 kids in my living room on Saturday night. I really thought that with all the storms, that I would get a kid free night. When the kids started showing up - my 2 weren't even at home. I had 2 show up. Then a group of 3. Then 2 more. All while LM was off with his gf and B was at his girlfriends house. I'm popular I guess. At one point of the night, there were 21 kids here and I ended up with 8 staying the night. One of the kids asked me: "how do you put up with us Ms Amy? There's a lot of people here". I reminded them that eventually, they'd all be gone and then I'd be sitting home alone on Saturday nights bored and lonely. So, I might as well enjoy them while they're here.
B with Colby's gf on his lap and one of my varsity football guys
More of them on the floor
Piled on the couch. Who says a couch can only hold 3? Mine had 7 on it.
I could have opened my own boot store
Colby and Curtis. And before you ask about the shirt- remember folks... this is TX. I'm still running my AC.
After more than an hour of trying to get a video to post. I quit! I have to help B get this project done before he goes in to the dr tomorrow. We find out if he has surgery tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed plz!
5 comments:
I hope the kids (and the car) all made it home safe. Good luck at the Dr. today.
Ha ha, must feel good to be so popular :) It's cool they all wanted to be there with you and seem to feel very comfortable.
Sounds like yours is the happenin' place! :-)
How did it go at the Dr.?
Did you pass the home inspection before or after all those kids?? I can only imagine the mess they must leave behind.. unless you have them clean up after themselves..
Hope everything got figured out with the & the Dr..
Girl, I love those boots!
Post a Comment