Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Randomness


     So, we took Elmer back to his mama yesterday.  We were supposed to meet up with her at 9 and the place where they met to exchange him last Sat night.  So, Ice Cube starts calling her before 9 and at 9:15 when he still hadn't been able to get an answer from her, I called her dad.  She was STILL  IN  BED.  That's right folks.  15 minutes past the time when she was supposed to get her son back - she wasn't even up yet.  She didn't get off till 3.  Ok.  So IC got off after midnight and then was up at 5:30 to dress the baby, load the car and be on the road by 6.  He gets up 3 1/2 hours early to get him there after only 4 1/2 hours of sleep (he got off after midnight- still had to drive home) and makes it there on time.  She can't get up 10 minutes early to meet up?  And then b*tches at him because she drove all the way in to get him ONCE - and that time only because she changed the meet up date and time and we had already bought and paid for tickets to the game and it was SR night and I wasn't giving up my time.  IC has made the drive the whole way every other time.  And the one time that she did make the drive- it was because she threw a temper tantrum to have him back earlier than the original plans and we already had plans for that night.  As in tickets bought and plans with other people.  And she had to have him back so she could dump him off with a sitter and go to a party.  Yeah.  I know.  Makes a lot of sense doesn't it?  But she kept telling IC that he was going to "make her late".  Because don't you know, it's HIS fault that she didn't bother to get up in time to get her child and get to work.  UGH.  Anyhow - on to more cheerful things.  

The kids in the gym doing some dance at the pep rally Friday.  We were on the radio!

     You know we moved here from the big city.  From the metroplex to this little bitty town.  My kids call it halfway to nowhere.  From 6 lane highways to county roads.  From a 5A school where the kids had over 800 in their class to a 1A school where there isn't 200 kids in the whole high school.  And yet, for me- it's home.  Finally.  Relaxing.  Peaceful.  A place where I hit a spot on the highway coming back from the metroplex and I feel my shoulders relax.  These are cell pix and we were moving so the pix aren't great but .....

Crossing over into our county.  I always relax when the trees are growing between the east and west sides of the highway

                                       
I really wish my camera had captured all the colors in the trees.  


Getting off the exit.  Notice that there's not a building in sight?  

Again, sorry for the picture quality.  This is coming off the interstate onto a back country highway.  Notice that there's still no buildings?  There are a few houses on this road....

    Is is any wonder that I can relax and breathe again when I get home?  No smog.  No pollution.  Nothing but trees.  Of course, if you have allergies- well... But, B's allergies were way worse when we lived in the metroplex than they've been since we moved.  

   Sorry that this post is so late going up today.  I spent 5 hours taking the boys to the Dr. and waiting on the pharmacy for their meds.  Little Man has bronchitis.  B has an ear infection and the start of bronchitis.  Thank you Jo (who had it first and brought it over here).  I have been stripping beds and washing sheets since we got home.  Toni is here now with B and LM has a new girl over and we're all watching a movie.  

And now for your smiling enjoyment.  We took Elmer to the football game Friday night.  Our team is the Pirates and he had a little pirate beanie on and a pirate tattoo.  He loved the marching band.  He danced and clapped.  And he rang the cowbell and yelled when everyone else did.  

ringing the cowbell.  






5 comments:

Sharon said...

hoping everyone feels better soon and you can return to life as usual.

Smirking Cat said...

Ack, that whole "my kid, but you do all the work" thing sounds VERY familiar. How ridiculous.

I love the picture of Elmo at the game. :)

Anonymous said...

It is so sad when a mother won't or can't take responsibility to be a mother to their child. I fear it is only going to get worse from here.

Love the pirate beanie!

Sometimes_Carol said...

Control Freak. That's all it is. Psh. Her baby daddy mama not going to let it happen! ;) Not if you can help it, right?

Little guy is a cutie :)

Prayign everyone gets better @ your house!!

The Step In Mom. . . said...

I was really hoping she was going to turn into one of "those" Moms... but obviously she is... And her Dad couldn't even be nice enough to come get Elmer instead.