Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Monday, September 19, 2011

how to ruin mom's get-away

     I left Sat morning to go to Old Town.  I needed a break.  I needed a chance to relax and enjoy spending time with Hurricane.  I knew he needed to see me.  One of his friends - or should I say another one of his friends- died last week.  The kid committed suicide by cop.  I knew H was having a hard time dealing with the fact that not only was his friend dead but that he had been so unhappy with his life that he had wanted to die.  They're young kids, they don't realize that they have plenty of time still to change things that they don't like in their lives.  


     And things went as planned for the first part.  I got up, got B up, picked up Toni and we were on the road by the time we wanted to leave.  We stopped by Vix and Cal's and spent a bit of time with H before he left for work.  On a side note, he's still laid off his main job.  He took a job for now until he gets called back to the good job.  He left for work and the kids and I left for my friend's grandson's football game.  Grandson is in 5th grade and you wouldn't believe the stuff for 5th graders.  Parents had t-shirts with the team name and all the kids names in back.  The kids played in the high school stadium.  They have their own cheerleaders.  The kids have their names on the back of their jerseys.  It was bloody ridiculous.  And if y'all remember- I hate football.  However, these friends have spent plenty of days showing up to watch my boys baseball games. Turn about is fair.  And I only had to deal with it for a little over an hour.  Our team won with a score of 54-8.  The coaches on the grandson's team we very classy.  The score was 54-0 with less than 2 minutes to play when the other team got the ball.  The coaches told the boys to let the other team score.  They chased but didn't make the tackle.  It was fairly obvious to the parents in the stands what was going on but the little boys on the other team were happy little campers.  The coaches also let them have the 2 point conversion and all the kids left the game on a high note.  I would also say that the people working the score board moved both scores to 0 after our kids hit 30 plus points without the other team scoring.  Pretty classy all around.  


     After that, it was a stop by the store, pick up some stuff for the grill and then back to my old neighbor, S's house to cook some dinner.  And still all was fun.  S's pregnant daughter-in-law came by with her older daughter.  Her daughter and daughter's idiot bf were there for a bit.  H came out when he got off work.  Several of my old "kids" stopped by.  The weather was pleasant enough that we could sit outside and visit on her most comfortable lawn set.  And life was good.  


    And then it all got destroyed.  Little Man took the opportunity of mom not being here to guard the house and decided to throw a party.  I'll save you all the gory details.  Let's just say that I got a phone call shortly after 12:30 AM.  By 1:30 AM, the police had been to the house and broken up said party.  LM said the repercussions that he's suffering now are worth the fun he had then.  I'm glad he had fun- his friends are probably none of them real fond of me right now.  I had to leave to come back earlier than planned.  And what's the old saying - when mama ain't happy - ain't nobody happy ?  And right now- Mama ain't happy.  Poor B - he was with me and he had to hear it.  Poor Ice Cube- he was at work and he's had to hear it.  But, the mess is cleaned up.  The kids who were here have been put on notice - very publicly.  I called parents where I had numbers.  They'll definitely think twice before showing their faces even around here for a while.  


    Speaking of IC - he leaves tonight to head to mediation.  Please pray for him tomorrow.  Ruth can be ultimately reasonable or she can have a golden uterus complex.  If her mom is with her- she is way more likely to have the golden uterus complex.  I have advised IC to keep it just the two of them in mediation. Together they can be reasonable or rather, she is most likely to go off and be unreasonable.  He is taking all documentation with him.  Fingers crossed!



1 comment:

Working Mommy said...

oh jeez...that would ruin anyone's get away, now wouldn't it?! poor mama!!

wm