Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I survived!

I survived another summer and the monkeys are back to the school cage.  B is longing to escape already.  He was not amused when I pointed out that he was 1/2 way home and only had another 9 years to go.  Ha.  

Our rebate check came in from his old ball team.  It was better than nothing but I still don't understand the motive behind sending checks to kids who only played with the team for 1 week and didn't have any money invested in the team?  Makes no sense to me but I don't care enough to bother calling and asking about it either.  It's just time to move on and be done with that chapter in our lives.  I didn't count on getting any money back when season ended anyhow so  it was a nice bonus.  B enjoyed picking up a few things he needed for this season last night.  We went to our most favorite place to shop, Kelley baseball, and he picked up the new catchers gear bag that he needed and a new pair of sliding shorts and then an unnecessary purchase of small armbands.  Mike and Toby Kelley are father and son and they are really great guys.  I knew we were running late and they closed at 6 so I called Toby and they waited for me to get there so B could pick up those few things he needed/wanted.    I still need to go pick him up a batting helmet to go into high school and a few other odds and ends that he will need but... that gear bag was the big one.  

Well, off to enjoy my peace and quiet while the monsters are off and torturing their teachers and not me.  ;)

Enjoy your week everyone!

1 comment:

Morocco said...

Do the boys play baseball for their schools as well?