Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Play for the schools?

Morocco asked me if the boys played baseball for the schools.  Where we are, you can't play baseball for the schools until high school.  Little Man doesn't still play and B is only an 8th grader.  For the last 5 years, B has played for a team called the A's.  Their colors were white, green, and yellow.  Everything he owns is in those colors.  Shirts, batting helmet, gear bag, batting gloves, cleats, EVERYTHING.  When he starts high school next year, his colors will be red, white, and navy.  And his team this year is I believe black and orange?  Consequently, we are in the process of having to replace quite a bit of his stuff.  Don't you know, you can't clash is baseball?  (Cue the rolling of eyes right here!).  His gloves, both catchers and infielders, are fine for moving into high school.  The green gear bag that wouldn't hold all his gear has been replaced with a black bag on rollers especially designed to hold catchers gear (yesterday $100),  We will replace his batting helmet ($34), batting gloves ($26), and cleats ($100 - although that's about a yearly expense anyhow) with ones that are either white, or the high school colors.  His catchers gear itself is already black and will be fine for high school.  Sports are a money thing.  I cringe every time he walks out the door with that bag and it's $900 worth of contents.  The catchers gear alone is close to $500.  I'll be driving it up to school next year before his practice because he WONT be leaving it in the athletic room!  

So, to answer a short question with a long answer ;)  
No, B doesn't play for the school.  yet.  Or at least that's my hope is that he's good enough to make the team next year.  We're definitely shopping in the hopes that he makes it.  

2 comments:

Morocco said...

My high school colors were black and orange--I actually attended the same high school as David Letterman. Go Rockets!

Lucrecia said...

Sports are SO expensive! You've not even mentioned uniforms or the bats! My son's select team has started playing in some wood bat tourneys. yipee (said with sarcasam) I try to think of it as an investment in their health and future. My son has learned an apprecation for exercise I never had, and a positive self body image I've never known. Worth every penny!