Sunday, B and I went with P to look at just shy of 43 acres of land down in the eastern part of the state. Being Northern transplants to the great land of Texas- P and I have missed TREES. Not these little scrub things that they call trees in this part of the state but big, towering, trees. We found trees. Lots and lots of trees. 43 acres of trees that we will be able to call our own. Or P and S will at least. I just get to go along for the ride. It's really leaving a comfort zone to do this even though I've always dreamed of it. It's only a few hour drive from where we've lived for the last 10 years so it shouldn't be a distance issue. It's not leaving the kids because the ones living here now are coming with me anyhow. It's not leaving my house because I'm taking it with me. I can put my finger on why I feel off. The land will be gorgeous when the previous owners come haul all their garbage off it. And it was filled with garbage. The previous owners had no pride in their property. There are places that look like a landfill and then walk 10 feet further down the path and it's unbelievably pretty. I could do without the mosquitos but I think we're getting bat boxes to help control the population. We saw deer tracks and raccoon tracks down by the creek that flows thru the property. Little Man can get his horse- no doubt. There's already a fenced in section of the property perfect for it. Fear of the unknown?
The contract negotiations are underway and in about 18 days we'll know if we're moving or not.
On other notes, Hurricane and Ms. D got an apartment this last weekend. It's a nice one. They got a 1 bedroom in a gated community with a pool and work out room. So, they're on their way. Ice Cube and Ms R are talking about moving with us. Ms R is looking at colleges down towards where we're getting the property. That will be fun.
I'm having big trouble getting B to do his PT exercises. He can't see any use for them and thinks that they're "stupid". I'm going to discuss it with his physical therapist today when he has his appointment.
3 comments:
That's awesome!!!!
Keep us posted, okay?
And, you haven't written in a while about the child support situation-- any luck?
The property sounds awesome (as soon as all the trash is gone). In 18 days we'll be reading about what happened.
blue-
child support - or lack of it as it stands- is covered in the next post.
I'm planning on posting about the land as it happens or as I hear about developments as may be.
Kweenmama-
I hope it doesn't take 18 days to know anything because I fall under the impatient person category but I'll keep everyone posted.
Thanks for visiting everyone!
Post a Comment