Took B to a sports medicine pediatric specialist. Gotta love the long titles don't ya? She feels fairly secure in that the injury is not a "separation in the rotator cuff". This is good! If it were torn in 2 - he couldn't raise his shoulder at all. There is some pain in movement in 1 finger of the cuff (there are 4) but she didn't find that the most problematic. She was more worried about the pain in the back of his shoulder where there are some small ligaments. She would like to TRY physical therapy. We're hoping that given time and appropriate exercise- his body will mend. His pain level on a scale of 1-10 is hovering at around a 6-7 with certain movements. She told him that the goal is to NOT have pain so if it hurts- don't do it. His problem is not that his joint is too tight but over-stretched. There is too much movement in the joint. It hyper extends. She asked him what his goals for therapy were and in typical B fashion he mumbled "I don't know". She finally got out of him that he'd like to not only play ball again but to be able to return to pitching. No idea if this will be possible or not at this point. I'm not really sure how to handle it with the coach that caused the issue. Not sure if I should talk to the league or the coach or both. That coach definitely does not need to be coaching at that level again.
Was talking to Aunt C the other night and heard Ex told her son that he will "kill himself before going back to prison". Great! Just what I need. A suicidal ex. NOT. His chances of avoiding prison are somewhere between slim and nil (they really frown on selling large quantities of drugs to under-cover policemen). If he does something as ignorant as he threatens, it's a finality for the kids. Whatever hopes they've harbored for him to grow up and make things right in their lives would be gone. I don't want my kids to have to go through that. Ugh!
B and I went to see High School Musical 3 last night. He really wanted to go. It was a good movie and we really enjoyed it.
Fair is done and I'm back on my vagabond schedule so I'll be online more. I've spent the last week playing catch up. I was behind on all my blog reading and did that before moving on to posting. Maybe I was backwards? Just nothing has happened here. Just boring - Dr visits- misbehaving teens and more Dr visits. Hope everyone else is doing well!
2 comments:
I hope B's injury will heal up on it's own with some physical therapy. Pitching is pretty rough on those shoulders.
Maybe your ex was just mouthing off and didn't really mean it.
I've missed your blogs. Glad you're back :)
Ouch. I tore my rotator cuff climbing a few years back and still have pain because I was bad and didn't keep up the physiotherapy for long enough. It's one of those things that takes forever to heal and needs lots of care.
Best of luck with it. It really is worth taking time off in the immediate to avoid long term issues.
Post a Comment