Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

18

18 pounds I've lost so far.  Or so that's what the scale says.  Truthfully,  I don't feel like I've lost a pound.  When I look in the mirror, I don't see any difference.  I sure haven't lost it in the tail.  My pants sizes aren't changing.  Well, they have a size.  But seriously, what's 1 size?  Nothing.  I was really getting discouraged about it all until I went to lunch with a friend of mine the other day.  For some reason, I had it in my head that it had been months since my surgery.  It was 1 month yesterday.  No patience- that's my problem.  

I'm feeling at loose ends here lately.  For 17 years, I've run my boys to baseball.  It started out with just Hurricane and then the rest of the  boys all played too.  For several years, we were running to the ball fields 6 nights a week.  Saturdays were spent at the fields.  All day.  Sometimes we'd get to the fields at 7 am and not leave till after 11 at night.  All 4 boys were in different age divisions every other year.  Every other year, Little Man and Ice Cube were in the same division but every other year they weren't.  And after about the age of 9, they played double headers which would mean up to 8 games on a Saturday.  This year - no one is playing.  No one.  B is still out injured - thank you very much horrid coach from last year.  But....  Today he gets to start his throwing program.  I do love my pediatrician for getting him into a sports medicine therapist.  It's good that his therapist is trained in baseball injuries and will start a throwing regimen with him.   So, I'll know more today.  

So, today is the day that the moving people come to look at my house.  That way we can get a contract and get on their schedule.  We're shooting for June 12 as a moving date.  Little Man isn't real thrilled with me.  He wants to stay here with his friends.  Considering his grades and behavior this year though- that isn't going to happen.  

Well, off to take B to his sports therapist.  I am so looking forward to seeing him throw for the first time since Oct.  Even if it won't be like watching him win a game in the world series.  It may be better after months of not knowing if he'd ever throw again.    

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Very bitter sweet. It will be hard knowing what he used to throw like, but so awesome to know he will at least have a chance to get it back. And give yourself a break. 18lbs!!! That's huge. Celebrate each of your successes. I would say small, but I think 18lbs (without a doubt) is something you should be proud of. You rock!!

Anonymous said...

18 lbs in a month is totally awesome. I wish i could do that. Just think how hot you will look by summer!

Morocco said...

Remember, 18 beats 0 anyday!