Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

no new tricks- just more lies

The kids SD is up to the same old tricks again.  His girlfriend got pregnant while living in Vegas after she left him when she caught him cheating on her.  She was in Vegas for months living with another man.  He bragged that he was putting his name on the child's birth certificate to help stay out of prison.  Now he's telling people that the little boy looks like my B.  How would he know?  When B was born- he was out drunk.  We couldn't find him to get him to the hospital.  One of his cousins eventually found him and he showed up - for a little bit.  Then he left for the bar and stayed out for the next week.  He was late showing up for my tubal and showed up drunk.  When I got out of the hospital, I couldn't even make the baby a bottle due to all the dirty dishes in the sink.  So, the day after having surgery, I was home doing 2 dishwasher loads of dishes and finding the cabinets - before I could sit down.  While he plopped down with a beer and then passed out.  He never once ever gave any of our kids a bottle or changed a diaper.  He was gone for the little bit that we were still together.  He drove truck for those few years and was on the road more than he was in the same town with us.  He probably only saw the kids for 30 days in those 3 years.  And before some smart ass thinks he was out "supporting his family" - he gave me an allowance of $150/ week to take care of the kids out of $1100 paychecks.  He kept the rest of the money.  My dad paid more of the kids clothes and support than he did.  And I had/ have my own income.  But, all my money went to paying bills while he pocketed about $1,000 a week for who knows what.  

Since B was 3, SD has seen him TWICE.  Once when he was fighting with his now ex-wife and he drove down to TX 5 years ago.  I let him see the kids while he was here.  The other time in 2000 when we went to court.  The judge gave him supervised visits while we were in town and during that time he picked B up by one arm and while he was dangling in the air by one arm SD was whipping his little butt for throwing a fit.  Not exactly a good memory for B.  Of course, B was being a little brat.  SD had taken the kids to a video game room and he didn't have much money.  They got enough money to play 2 games each.  B's little 5 year old self wasn't happy with that idea.  He wasn't ready to leave yet.  So he sat down on the floor and cried.  So SD picked him up off the floor with 1 arm and spanked his tail.  Hurricane and K (my daughter) were the only 2 other kids with me and they about came un-glued.  They were most unhappy.  Of course, after that incident, B wouldn't go near SD.  Even 5 years later when SD showed up in TX, B wouldn't go near him.  Of course, B didn't recognize him after that long either.  

Long story short.  He doesn't call the kids.  He doesn't send birthday cards.  He doesn't send Christmas cards.  He's out of bond for dealing cocaine to a police officer.  He's never paid support.  He needs to leave my kids name out of his mouth and not try to pretend to people that he's a "dad".  He's not.  He wants to grow up and take some responsibility then that would be a different story.  Until that time, he needs to quit lying to everyone about my kids.

5 comments:

Summer said...

What a bastard. People like that are a waste of perfectly good oxygen.

Idol doesn't come on for another half hour here, but I'm so glad to hear that Danny did well! I'll be watching and cheering him and Michael on!

Amy said...

Never-Mom

I am SO very sorry! I thought you were an hour ahead of me - not 2 hours behind. I so apologize for messing up your idol viewing!

Summer said...

Oh please. I read spoilers on every movie before I go see it in theaters. You didn't mess up my Idol viewing at all- just eased my nervousness a little bit. Then I was able to watch without biting my fingers off worrying about Danny. Feel free to do that EVERY week!

I was also happy with the performances from Kris Allen and Alison Iraheta. I loved Alexis Grace, but apparently the judges didn't...I think she's safe though, so she'll have a chance to prove them wrong.

Summer said...

I was thinking that about the insurance too...not like I can just tell them, "Well, only reimburse us for this percentage of the bill." I did call them today and they told me as much, although the girl I talked to offered a weird alternative. If it becomes an issue we will just submit a receipt showing what WE paid for it and file the claim based on that amount- not on the total.

Thanks for being such a good friend. I always feel better when I know I've got you in my corner.

And can I just say, it only made Michael look better last night to be followed up by Jasmine singing the SAME song! It clearly showed how superior his vocals are to hers. He was so just so sweet, still and focused. It was a very touching performance.

Nah, I'm not one for surprises. Usually I go online before I leave work on Wednesdays and try to find spoilers to show who got eliminated so I don't have to wait for "after the break," lol. So no worries.

Catch ya later!

Summer said...

I checked out Dial Idol and it looks like some of our favorites might be in trouble...I'm a little worried. Yeah, please let me know the results if you can! And the twist- I hope to god that if the judges do get "the power" to keep somebody on even if they're in the bottom 3, that said judges make the right choice. Sometimes their judgment is a little questionable!