Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Baby shower

My thanks to everyone who has left baby shower ideas.  I've had 5 children and never had a baby shower.  I've been to a few - but it's been years!  I'm not really sure why I got myself into this at all!  I am not much of a people person.  I'm fairly shy in large groups and quite honestly, the idea of running a baby shower....  Scares the pants off me!  

Thanks to all my friends out there in blog land and some of my "in person" friends, I have a few ideas of where to go.  At least where to get started.  I have a friend who goes to a small church, she is going to check with them and see what it would be to rent her church.  And Morocco gave me the idea to check with apartments.  My son, Hurricane, lives in a very nice apartment complex.  When he gets back from his trip to Vegas, I'm going to have him check with his complex to see if that's an option.  I've gotten some good ideas for games.  So, I guess I'm moving in the right direction.  Now if someone would just come down here and run it for me.  :)

As I've mentioned, Hurricane is in Vegas this week with Vix and Cal celebrating his 21st birthday.  The trip was his birthday present from aunt and uncle.  I hear he's doing great and winning money.  That was before I went to bed last night so things may have changed after I went to sleep.  He's having a great time though and that's what really matters.  

We leave next week to go to the property to do some work and take a mini-vacation.  My blueberry bushes are being shipped to my ex-sister-in-laws house and the paint to paint the well house is already in the back of my car.  B is less than thrilled with me right now as we will be down there over his birthday.  Vix is supposed to be getting me the wasp spray to spray the shop and I'll get the fruit trees once I get down there.  

Have a good week all!

No comments: