Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

it's Sunday

Good morning! We've been staying at Vix and Cal's the last few days while waiting on the house to be moved to the new property. Vix and Cal both actually got up at 11 am yesterday and stayed up all day. That's very unusual for them! Vix usually doesn't roll out until around 2 PM. She was in a great mood last night too. Maybe she's been sleeping too much? Cal played PS3 with B for hours yesterday. They are working on beating some game. Today, I have to go get my mailbox for the new place so when I get down there tomorrow, I can get it set up. I put in a change of address with the post office already but there's no mailbox at the new place yet. I'm not sure what happened to the mailbox from the people that lived there before we bought the place. Probably some kids vandalizing took it out because the post is there- but the box is gone.



My house is still in it's original spot. We had some horrible storms come thru here Weds of last week. Tornado warnings, hail, tons of rain, flying trampolines, 80 mph winds. It's so wet under the house that they were unable to get it out yesterday. They pulled the skirting down and did what they could. Here's hoping that the 98 degree temps yesterday with the wind blowing were enough to dry it out under there. At least enough for them to be able to pull it out. We've been here since Friday when they shut the electric off at the old place. Another problem we've encountered that I get to deal with tomorrow morning is the fact that the electrical transformer at the new place is only set up for 100 whatever service instead of the 220 that you need to run things. So, I have to call some county inspector Monday morning, get him to fax over approval to the co-op electric company for them to upgrade the service so that we can have AC. Because don't you know how fun it will be to be in a house in TX in 100 degree heat with no AC? I think that it will run the AC so long as nothing else is running. Nothing else. But, I'm not sure. They said that they'd get right on doing the upgrade as soon as I could get the permission faxed over. I will be hitting that at 8 AM tomorrow. If I do that then, hopefully they can have it upgraded before I move in on Weds. Moving day has been pushed back one day at this point. I'm hoping that I don't have to push it back again because I have to return the uhaul truck by Weds morning at 10. That doesn't give me much leeway.



We have tickets to go watch the Rangers play the Dodgers today. I don't think we're going to go. I know, that's not like me. But it's a day game. And it starts at 2 PM. And it's going to be 98 degrees out today. And that means that in the sun, it is going to be miserably hot. Horribly, rottenly miserable. And TV is sounding like a really good way to watch the game today. Night games aren't too bad because by about the 2nd inning, the sun sinks down behind the stadium and there's usually a decent breeze and it's not too bad. But day games in the sun- with no shade- ugh! I'm not sure what I was thinking to get tickets to the game today anyhow. Seriously, I told my rep that if I ever tried to get tickets to a day game again - to stop me. I'm going to leave it up to B. If he wants to go, then I'll drag my tail to the game and sit at one of the tables in the shade. If he doesn't really want to go though.... you won't hear me complaining. And I would be really surprised if he wants to go. He wasn't feeling well last night at all. I may try to get him into the Dr. tomorrow morning before I leave town.



So, I'm still alive. Still dealing with trying to get this move done and accomplished. Still in limbo waiting for them to move the house. But, I have my trusty laptop and I'm still here. Y'all take care and try to stay cool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for sunshine and AC! Keep us posted on what happens (if you can)