I'm at the hotel. I had to move the scheduling for all the utilities till Weds. I will say that the phone company, directv satellite, and the propane people we're working with are GREAT! Cannot tell you how nice these folks were with rescheduling for us! Unbelievable. Hughesnet internet satellite company.... not so good. Actually, absolutely horrible! I spent 2 hours yesterday on a cell phone trying to get to someone to reschedule my installation for today. 2 hours folks. I got shuffled back and forth between 5 different numbers only to have absolutely no one that could/would help me. It was horrible. So far today, I have spoken with 3 people at the hughesnet company. I finally got a super nice woman at the installation company that could help me and she gave me the installation guys number. Internet is life as we know folks and I have no intention of being down for any length of time. So much as ONE day is one day too many.
The boys are working today with the moving company. They needed a couple of grunt workers to move concrete blocks to get the house set. Little Man and B jumped at the chance to do manual labor for $8/hour. I took them down to the home site this morning at 9 from the hotel with a cooler full of water and I'll go down there later today. After they set the back half of the house, I can get in there and start unloading the Uhaul. The Uhaul must be returned by like 9:30 in the morning so it has to be unloaded today. The moving company hasn't picked up my shed yet and moved it nor the other half of the deck so I guess I'm going to look like white trash until they get the shed here to put the stuff back in it. I'll have the boys hide the stuff that goes in the shed behind the house or something. UGH! They also left the boys basketball goal. That would be really bad. My kids play basketball 2 on 2 every time they're all together. I'd hate to have to go buy another one. I'll talk to Sean (our mover guy) today and ask him to please bring back that basketball goal when they bring the shed and porch.
Well, I have a few things that I have to take care of around here like a load of laundry. We brought the toaster oven in with us last night so we had dinner here at the room. Picked up a few groceries to keep in the hotel fridge. My bushes and trees that I planted over spring break are looking pretty good. I have blueberries on the bushes. There won't be very many this year but there will definitely be some. And next year, they will keep increasing.
Take care all!
4 weeks ago
2 comments:
sounds like things are going pretty smooth, except for hughesnet. I hope they get the ball rolling soon. enjoy your new place!
I'm so jealous that you can keep plants alive. Both DH and I kill plants like there's no tomorrow. My venus fly trap lasted as long as I kept it in the shower (long story) but where's the fun in that? We finally gave up and we're going to leave plants to people with green thumbs- like you.
Post a Comment