Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Award Day


My thanks to both Sharon at "you're not my real mom" and Georgina at "dads second whatever" for the award above. I'm supposed to write about 5 personal obsessions and then pass it on.

So....
I hope you enjoy finding these blogs and reading their posts. If they're password protected, email for a password. It's well worth the trouble.


Now on to my 5 obsessions. If I only have 5. I might have 10 or 240. I try not to think about being obsessed with anything. ;)

1. My kids - I am obsessed with my children. Making sure that they're ok and that they don't suffer from the choices that either I or SD have made. Someone asked me why I haven't dated and the answer to that would be my kids. I have never felt that I had the right to take anything away from my kids - time, attention, money, whatever. And I always felt that there wasn't enough of me to go around for them as it was without trying to take the time that it involves to work on a relationship with anyone new. Personal preference folks, please don't bite my head off over this one.

2. Baseball - I admit it. I love the game. I love to watch my boys play. I love to watch other kids play. I love watching the pro's play and it really doesn't matter what team although my favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. I love the stats, the numbers, the players. I suffer thru withdrawal when the season ends and follow the moves the teams make with free agent signings and watching the paper for articles regularly.

3. Reading - I read anything and everything. Books, blogs, the news, cereal boxes. I love to read. My favorite author is Anne McCaffrey (although her dragon rider series is now being written by her son, Todd) and have been reading the dragon rider series since I was 12. And yes, they are still coming out with new books. I got the newest ones from Vix for Christmas last year.

4. Snow globes - I collect snow globes and have them from every place that we have vacationed as well as ones that friends and family have gotten me while they travel. I try to get the mini ones but will grab one of the larger ones in a heart beat if they don't have the mini's. I have most of the mini Disney collection and grabbed more when we (Vix, Cal, and I) took the kids to Disney a few years ago. I have them from every place to Kansas (Hurricane - 14U World series) to Hawaii (friend on vacation a few years ago). I found them in Jamaica, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman when I took the boys on a cruise several years ago too. I have 2 hanging shelves above m tv and a whole cabinet with snow globes in it.

5. Pictures- My house is wall to wall pictures. Pictures from our trips to Disney, the cruise, and Yellowstone. Pictures of my kids. Baseball pictures from my kids playing. Pictures of friends and family. And now pictures of Little Bit. I am rearranging to get the family pictures up that we had done earlier this month. I love pictures.

There are my 5 obsessions. The biggest of the million I imagine I have that is. I hope y'all enjoy reading the blogs of my friends....

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thank you SO much for the honor! I appreciate it. I'm so glad you read. I always find your insight to be invaluable, and your sense of humor is second to none!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the award! I am honored. I love to read too. I love to watch my son play baseball (his team came from behind tonight and won the game!) and, thanks to my mom, I collect snow globes too. She adds to our collection every year.