Whatever nasty that caught ahold of me has now decided to make B's life miserable. To give you an idea of how much fun this is.... Remember my child who broke 2 bones in his wrist and didn't cry a bit? Who only took like 2 pain pills even after surgery and was on the run again within days? The same child has spent his whole day whining about how miserable he feels and has been in tears from the pain in his throat. You remember my underfed child right? (read that with all sarcasm intended here folks). The same child that thinks that I'm starving him if I don't have food ready when he walks in the door from school because its been a whole 4 1/2 hours since he ate last? That same child "isn't hungry". I took him to the Dr. today and the new quack that our insurance has assigned us to (and that's a story for another day) gave him an antibiotic. He was fully expecting a strep test which is what his old Dr. would have done within 5 minutes of seeing his throat. I told him not to worry because the antibiotic that he was given is good for strep too. I will say that at least for B, I will be looking for another doctor. These ones down here are scarily incompetent. They didn't even ask for his records despite me telling the Dr. that he had an extensive file and history of illness. That scares me.
Well, I must needs find a mechanic. It seems that my dear car has sprung a leak and is not drivable. As this is our only mode of transportation, it has to be corrected and quickly.
(hard to do though when talking still hurts a lot)
1 comment:
B and I have something in common! I didn't cry with any of my major sports-related injuries, but if I'm hungover or just plain sick, I will whine for days. Thank God Monkey takes care of me when I'm sick- I'd probably die of self-pity otherwise.
Anyway, I hope you two feel better soon. Being sick is NOT FUN!
Hugs and lots of love to you.
Post a Comment