I questioned this trip back that the boys made. I didn't think that finances were caught up enough for either boy to afford this right now. And of course, I ended up having to pitch in to get them back home. Kids! None of that matters as much as they got to spend time with both of their brothers (separately), Ruth, and Little Bit. They also got to see a few of their old friends and found out that they should listen to mom.
I had a whole nice conversation with Little Man last night that he started texting me about how it really wasn't smart for him to have made that trip. hmmmmm Seems like I had gotten yelled at a few days previously when I made the same statement. When they started planning this, I pointed out that there were a few other things that he should really be dealing with before making that trip. And he got very upset with me. And I'm a big one with my kids for letting them learn some lessons the hard way. Now, if I know that they're going out to commit murder, I'd go ahead and stop that. But, something like this- live and learn baby. Cause mama doesn't buy cigarettes or support your car. So, he took the trip. His low oil light came on and he had to add oil to the car. He's going to have to do an oil change. His head light went out and he's going to have to get that fixed and his license plate light went out and he has to get that fixed. Seems like I have parroted over and over "it takes more than gas to operate a vehicle". But, I got to hear those words that every mom dreams about last night. "I know mom, I should have listened to you". *wipes tears from her eyes* At least he's smart enough to admit when he was wrong unlike some who would try to lie their way out of it.
They got up this morning, headed out, stopped by to see Hurricane, and then hit the highway. They stopped for gas and took care of the oil situation during that time too. B called me and asked about food. Imagine that. The boys are coming home starving. Of course, with B, he's starving if he's gone more than an hour without being fed. ;) Chicken laid out and I'll have a good meal for them when they get home. Little Man works tonight so I'll just switch it up and serve the big meal during the afternoon instead of at night.
My Texas Rangers representative called me today. We are going to work out some sort of deal for tickets for a few games. I'm not even going to try to do the 16 games like we did last year. The drive is too far. Too much trouble. Too much money. We are going to go watch the Red Sox and the Yankees. If we don't go to any other games this season, we will go to those.
One last laugh. Tara has already been on twice today. Her out click at her last visit ~ was to sitemeter. Guess she is finally catching on that I know exactly when she comes to spy on me and exactly how long she stays. LOL Where she comes from and where she leaves to. Sort of really makes the joke on her and her trying to lie about not being on my site. I am so amused.
7 comments:
LOL I must be on your blog 15 times a day, at LEAST. I can only imagine how that looks on sitemeter.
So glad the boys are on their way home, and even learned a lesson along the way. I bet they'll eat well tonight!
You make my sitemeter stats great. But I know which one you are. And you are welcome on my site any time you want. ;)
Sharon,
Lesson learned. Appreciation for mom gained. And I had food ready when they came thru the door. Chicken, rice and salads. With Little Man working tonight, I just moved our dinner meal to the afternoon and we'll eat light tonight. Probably better for my weight (and not wanting to gain it back) anyhow.
I'll bet the boys will be tripping over each other to get into the house.
I think the break did you both well.
Finally it's letting me comment!!!!
Now, I forgot what the hell I was gonna say....
MInnie-
They came in, flopped down with their phones, shoveled food in their mouths, and we watched a movie. Those lovely family bonding moments. LOL
Dee~
Only you!
Post a Comment