Hurricane got his birth certificate last night. So, now he has nothing to yelp at me about. This means that I probably won't hear from him for a bit. One of the things he said to me yesterday was that I wouldn't get to see "his kid" when it came. This implied that there was a child coming. Now, I should have known that these were empty threats because he's been using them for the last year. It's become one of his standard things to throw out when he's got an attitude with me. So, this little comment set off a round of emails between Donna and myself. Long and short of it was that she said that she wouldn't want a pregnancy announced like that. Well, a couple of things here. I can lay money now that should she become pregnant, it would not be like it was with Ruth and Ice Cube. With them, they took the pregnancy test at my house. I was the first one to know after them. Should Donna and Hurricane ever have a happy bundle of joy, I would be somewhere down the chain along the last to find out. You can bet that her folks, Vix and Cal and numerous friends would all know before I heard a word. And then we have the "use the baby to control people game". That game has already started and that card already been tried. Now, Donna told me yesterday that this is not something that she would want. That she would want the baby to be loved and cared for by all family. But, let's be realistic here folks. If it weren't a game that was going to be played- it wouldn't be getting played now before there is a baby. And I realize that it is not Donna playing this game. It is Hurricane using a non-existent baby as a manipulation tool. But, if it is a game that he is willing to play now... We all know that it is one that he will play once he has a child. And while Donna may not be a willing participant in the game ever, I don't even want to start playing. I've seen too many parents and grandparents get their hearts torn out by people who thinks that kids are pawns to use in sick games. I would love to believe that I would have a chance to love any children that Hurricane has and not be jumped thru hoops in order to have a relationship with those children. But, its a game the boy already plays. He plays it with himself. He wants me to ask how high when he tells me to jump or he blows up and cusses, rants, raves, and tells me that I'll never see him again. How could I believe that he wouldn't do the same thing with a child?
Well, I have some sick kids demanding drinks, food, and medicine again. I hope y'all take care. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't end up catching the nasty bug no matter what it is. Keep a smilin folks!
10 comments:
Goodness. It's always something, isn't it. I hope the boys get better soon, and that you don't catch whatever they have. Lysol!!!!
Far too many in this world play games. Sometimes, you just have to step back and say, I refuse to play.
Dee~
That's sure what I have had to do is step back and say I'm done playing.
Lysol is my friend!
Everyone at work makes fun of me for keeping a can of Lysol around. Granted I still get my sinus infections, but otherwise I am healthy. I was the only one who wasn't out with the "flu" or the "stomach bug".
Hope the kids feel better! And don't let Hurricaine use his (imaginary) baby as a pawn, that will only let him continue his sick cycle.
Step-in~
No more pawns. No more games. I am taking myself off that playground.
Oh, I'm so sorry that they're sick.
Good Lord, Hurricane just loves to run his mouth about what he's going to do and how he's going to do it and tell everyone else what they can do for him....that's kind of good because you know how it's going to be. I'm glad you're taking yourself off the playground. He'll already have enough people to jerk around if he has a baby (including jerking Donna around if she ever wanted to leave). I'm so proud of you!
Stay well!
Lori~
They've been together somewhere over 7 years now. For all the issues we've had, I just cannot imagine life without her in it.
My youngest has slept most of the last 24 hours. I'm starting to get a bit on the worried side.
I just finished the most miserable two weeks of my life being sick! My sympathies to your poor boys!
Thanks Kou!
Let me say though. I have been sweet talked. Called "mama" again. And had a much easier time with getting them settled down for school work these last few days. ;)
Don't catch what they have.
Hey my .02, (and I know it might sound like I'm Hurricane-bashing, not my intent) he's only going to keep pitching the shit if you're in the batter's box to hit it.
Call a time out, Amy. Nobody should be treated with the disrespect you're getting from them, especially after all you've done for them.
Thanks Minnie!
I haven't heard a word one from him since he got his birth certificate back. I doubt I will. C'est la vie
The boys are up, going, and on the run again
Post a Comment