So, I haven't heard from Hurricane since he called her yelping because I gave Ms Randi his phone number. I don't know if she ever met up with him about his birth certificate of not. Guess I should text her and ask. I had originally planned to go to Old town for his birthday. Now, these trips usually end up costing me a bundle. Food, stuff that we forget that we need while we're there, etc. (imagine that- I just got a text from Hurricane saying that he hasn't gotten his birth certificate yet). I have, at this time, decided that if he can't call me and act decent between now and his birthday (March 5), I am not driving back to Old Town for his birthday. I will send him and card and a present. Actually, after the texts that are coming in right now from him- I am not going back for sure. He still has not bothered to go pick up his birth certificate. I have asked Randi to put it in todays mail. I am a "piece of shit" because he doesn't have it yet. Randi has offered to meet up with him on a regular basis. He has blown her off. He wants either Vix to meet up with her or Randi to make a delivery service. Because he has chosen to not meet up with Randi and get his birth certificate, he claims he lost another job. This is - of course- all my fault. Everything is all my fault don't you know? Here's the problem with all this. I told him that Randi would put it in the mail since he didn't want to meet up with her. That was not good enough. He called me a "piece of shit", "crazy", and several other stupid and hurtful things. I told him that the birth certificate would be put in the mail and to leave me alone. He just wanted to keep it going and keep being hateful. So, I finally just started ignoring his texts. So then he started calling. Which, I didn't pick up. So he called Little Man's phone and drug Little Man into it- of course he didn't bother to tell Little Man WHY he was waking him up or what he had done. Because don't you know - poor Hurricane is Mr. Perfect and never does anything wrong. (in his eyes at least). The problem is, too many folks let him act like this and play the pity poor him game. He blows off like this at me, or Donna, or his brothers- it's always "you know he didn't mean it". Well, too damn bad with that excuse any more. If he doesn't mean it- he shouldn't be letting it come out his mouth on a regular basis.
Long and the short of it is: I am not going down there for his birthday. And I told him so. And he told me that he decided in January that he didn't care. But we are out and in the open. Actually, I am a smart ass so I told him: "This piece of shit won't be coming down for your birthday as I see no reason to spend that kind of money to go see someone who is so hateful and disrespectful with me". Will I skip his birthday? Absolutely not. I will send him a card and something to recognize it. I am the bigger person. Will I spend a ton of money on it? Nope. Not after the mouth today.
Anyhow, Super Bowl pix are up over: HERE Enjoy all!
14 comments:
Ugh, what awful things to have to hear from your son's mouth. Amy, I'm really glad you are not going to see him and that you (and the others) are not running over to take care of him/his birth certificate, etc. It just allows him to think that being ugly like that works. It is abusive behavior on his part. I'm glad you called him on it. I'm just sorry he talks to you like that. :-(
Lori~
Actually, I asked Randi to get it to him - in the mail- tonight or tomorrow. Just so he would leave me alone.
I am still not answering calls from him. I'm counting down the days till my youngest hits 18.
Sorry you have to deal with kids behaving that way. Oh boy, do I know what you mean.
I thought it would be easier when they got older. No - just more heart breaking
I am so sorry. Kids shouldn't say terrible things like that, but as I've been on the receiving end of a teenage tantrum or 2, I know they hurt. Hang in there - he'll grow up one day.
Sharon~
I hope he grows up!
Wow that is so disrespectful and hurtful. I'm sorry you have to hear things like that from Hurricane, but glad you aren't going to make the effort to see him on his Birthday, sometimes it takes a little ignoring from a mom to kick a kid into line.
othermommy~
I doubt it will put him in line- he'll probably take the pity party route of "mom doesn't like him as much as so and so" and try to blow my phone up again. I just hope that one of these days - he matures past all this stupidity.
I would keep ignoring him until he learns how to act right. I don't care who you are, or who you are talking to, you don't treat them that way.
It is his own fault he lost another job and no one else's.
Unbelievable. You know, Hurricane and I are close to the same age, but I would never, EVER talk to my parents that way. I get mad at my dad sometimes but I don't call him names. I've obviously been furious with my mom (duh) but there's a level of respect that should be there with your parents, no matter how old you get. Amy, you deserve better than this. If I were you, I'd cut that ungrateful brat off until he realizes just how much you do for him. But...I'm not you...so I'll just give you a metaphorical hug and say I'm sorry, and you don't deserve this crap.
Step-In~
More his fault than I've said. He quit his previous job without having another one lined up. So, he's made all these choices that put him here. But, so much easier to blame me for his mistakes than himself.
Kou~
Thanks for the hugs! I know no matter how mad I have been at my mom (and that is plenty mad over the years) I have never dreamed of speaking to her like that. It's just so unacceptable.
At this point I wouldn't even acknowledge his calls or texts. Until he extends a sincere apology, don't communicate with him. If you do, you're placating him and enforcing the shittiness.
His sence of entitlement is disgusting.
Minnie~
I grieve the loss of the young man that I was so close to. There have been no calls or texts to ignore at this point.
Post a Comment