I really never expected such a response from something as small as a one line comment about my grand baby being circumcised. Its such a common thing and really the passionate responses are totally unexpected. I dated a guy who wasn't circumcised for several years. Great guy. He hated it. He hated being different. He hated the pain of cleaning it. He resented the fact that it hadn't been done. I would imagine that there are men at the other end of the spectrum too. Men who resent having it done. In this family, everyone has had it done. And being as it is our pediatrician who set this up... A pediatrician I might add who saved B and Little Man's lives over the years- I trust him. LM has had meningitis and an emergency appendectomy. B as many of you may recall, was born prematurely and has suffered from lung problems and asthma his whole life. This pediatrician was the kids pedi until we moved. He is not an old man. He's younger than I am. He is associated with one of the top children's hospitals in the country and the surgery will be done by a pediatric surgeon at that children's hospital. So, thank all of you who commented with information and your opinion on this situation. Elmer (or Little Bit) will be having this done tomorrow morning and I fully intend to be there to support his folks during this. And to cuddle my punkin baby when he gets out.
Well, my old little neighbor girl is already texting me this morning wanting to see me. She's 12. So, I'm off here to go visiting. Keep smiling all!
4 comments:
haha sorry for contributing to your 'debate'. I totally think this is a personal decision by the parents, and people should support that. I also think these lobbyists for natural penises need to stop trolling on your blog.
I think there are pros and cons to any type of procedure. As you said, the choice is up to his parents.
Sharon~
I love debates. They weren't going to change my mind or the kids. I never even mentioned it to IC and Ruth. And you know my opinion of trolls. ;)
Dee~
You got it!
Well, I'm not a lobbyist...but I will say that my husband is not circumcised, nor is my stepson. In hindsight I guess I wish that my stepson was, since his mother clearly doesn't care enough to teach him how to take care of it during her parenting time. But at our house he does just fine. And frankly, I don't see much of a difference between my husband's non-circumcised equipment and the circumcised ones I've seen before. For years I thought it would be some huge issue, like some poor guy would have a leather grocery bag hanging off the end of it or something! But that's so not the case. And...this is probably total TMI...but it really is great for our sex life. ;-)
I don't have an opinion either way, and it's up to the parents! I'm just telling y'all what I've learned in my experience.
Post a Comment