Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Time to relax!

Well, we're home. Somehow - Little Man managed to not have a job by the time we got back. Can't imagine how he managed that one. He's not being forthcoming with the information. I am fairly frustrated with all of them right now.

Here's what I know at this minute. It's almost midnight. I got to bed after 2 AM last night because the kids were all up and enjoying each others company. The baby got up around 6 this morning. That gives me a grand total of around 4 hours of sleep. I got up. Made breakfast for everyone. I ran Ruth up to the store to pick up something she needed for work while Ice Cube was at a job interview. I loaded most of the car up while Tara and B were still sleeping. I got to grab a 5 min shower and then finish doing the laundry, packing, and loading the car. Did the dishes, got the baby ready, packed the bag, and got out the door all before 11 AM. Drove 40 minutes to the ceremony. (pictures to follow if I ever get the chance to use any of our allowable download allowance ... in other words, if the kids ever leave me more than a few minutes of net time a day) After the ceremony, I ran over to where the reception was held, helped set up. Fed the baby, listened to B complain about being bored for an hour, helped clean up. Drove over to Vix and Cals. Waited on her for 30 minutes. By this time, I felt like I had sandbags in my eyes and was fighting a migraine. Drove 4 hours home. Went to the store and got food so that we had unimportant things like milk, bread and cereal. Got home after 9 PM tonight. In between getting off the exit of the highway and going to the store, I stopped at the sale barn and dropped B off and dropped off food for Little Man. Got home and unloaded the car. Started a load of laundry. To start my load, I had to move LM's clothes from the washer to the dryer.

Finally got to sit down and start watching American Idol from Tuesday night. Tara was on her computer I thought doing school work. Then she said something and it dawned on me that she was uploading new flashy things to her myspace. About the time I said something to her about watching the download and that uploading all those pretties would kill off the net, LM came out of his room and started yelling at me about the net running slow. He thinks I should stay off the net so that he has myspace time. Can I tell anyone and everyone how much I absolutely hate that social site!?! So of course, by the time all was said and done, I got to listen to Tara, LM, and B all being rude and nasty to me. They all hate it here. A couple of them hate me. And at midnight ... I am now too wound up to even think about sleep. But hey, I hear its over-rated anyhow. I've only been up for 18 hours. What do they know or care. Not a one of them ever sees anything other than the back of their eyelids until after noon if they have their choice.

I haven't managed to get more than 4 hours of sleep a night this week. Now, I admit... I am old. I don't need much sleep. I definitely don't need the 20 hours a day that the kids need. But at least once a week it's nice to see a few more hours that 4 at least. And as good of a time as I had and as much as I enjoyed it. I am so glad to be here and able to be a vegetable if that's what I want to do.

On a nice whiny note- it would be nice if just once in my lifetime, I was able to finish a sentence during a conversation with one or any of my kids. I wish I knew as much as they think they do. It would also be nice although the shock might kill me - if any or all of them might actually show even a minute bit of consideration for me, my well being, my health or my feelings. Just once before I die it would be nice. The problem with that is if they ever did show even the smallest bit of care or concern for me- the shock would probably kill me. In case you can't tell right now, I am seriously put out with my kids right now.

Well, I'm a gonna sit here and watch more shows off the DVR. With any luck, the knots in my tummy with loosen enough at some point and time tonight for me to maybe, possibly get some sleep. My alarm is set for 8 though so if it doesn't happen fairly soon.... I'll call it quits- start cleaning something and try again tomorrow. Hope everyone else is having a better life night than I am.

4 comments:

Dee said...

You could always go on strike for a bit. I did that once.

Amy said...

Dee~

Details? What exactly did your strike entail? It sounds like a good idea right now.

Sharon said...

Wow, that sucks. I wonder what happened with LM's job? Those car repairs won't pay for themselves.

I have turned off the wireless internet for bitching kids before. I just used a wired connection for me and hubby while they suffered. But I'm mean.

Margaret Hall said...

Wow!! Sounds like you had a day chock full of doing for others again~!! But, what I know of you and your blog, you do it anyway whether the bags under your eyes are there~!! You have a GOOD HEART Amy, but please find time for yourself, my blog friend! Maybe you can squeeze in a nap now and again??....Bless your heart, you are like the energizer bunny~!!