Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fun times in the life....

So yesterday, yet another productive day. It didn't start out so well, I guess the heating element in our dryer went out because that baby isn't getting hot any more. Now, that sounds pretty bad right? But B helped me hang out laundry yesterday. Kristi pulled it down off the line once she woke up. Kristi and Little Man both offered to help come up with the money for a new dryer. I feel loved!

So, then this morning, my brother - my real 1/2 brother - talked to me on IM. A real conversation and sharing of information. Now, both my 1/2 brothers that I found on that social networking site have added me to their pages. And we've traded a few short emails back and forth. But today is my brothers 36th birthday. And I actually got to talk to him and wish him a happy birthday! The first one I've ever even known he existed. I love it!

As to the work gotten done yesterday. B and I ran to the feed store. We picked up some chicken feed. Then we ran over to the store and got the essentials. You know- bread, milk and more mayo type stuff. We're getting eggs in a good quantity now days and now it comes in to how to use them all before they go bad. Guess we'll be eating lots of egg salad and tuna salad and scrambled and deviled eggs. ;) Little man got the rest of the closet ready to put the carpeting in today and took the measurements so we knew what size piece of carpet to cut. Kristi ran the vacuum and did the counters. She also helped me pull the toilet apart in the bathroom. We ended up replacing all of the innards in the toilet. This is not a bad thing though now. There was a ton of rust in there. It's all gone now. We changed out all the rusty bolts and the gaskets. No more leaking any place in my bathroom. Only one more faucet left to change out in there and that's in my garden tub. I treated the whole bathroom with the mold killer and preventer again. Then this morning I put the other treatment stuff on the floor. First coat. When/If it dries- I'll put the 2nd coat on. Hopefully today.

B's rotator cuff is apparently torn again. He can't raise his arm and he is in pain. I'm trying to find him a doctor to treat it and not having a whole lot of success.

So, there was a whole lot of fun last night at Kristi's work. To read what Tom and crew have been up to yet again and about the harassment charges that are being considered as well as the restraining order that we're talking about - read HERE.

6 comments:

The Step In Mom. . . said...

Before you go and buy a new dryer, make sure that the dry exhaust isn't clogged. When we were living with my Mom I thought her dryer went up, and turns out there was just lint blocking the exhaust line. Once I cleared it out, it was nice and hot.

That is great that you got to talk to your 1/2 brother again. I know before you had said you hadn't heard much from either of them.

Amy said...

Step-in~

I already checked the vent. That was my first thing I checked. The dryer is like 10 years old. It's ok. I bought a new washer last year. Been wanting a new dryer to match it. ;)

I don't hear much from any of them. I actually have 3 1/2's and a brother by adoption. 3 living in IN. 1 in TX. They're all younger than I am. But then, I'm always busy and this one and I happened to add each other to one of those chat things and it's working out to be very cool!

Summer said...

Must be new dryer month- ours kicked the bucket last Friday. We got it for free 1.5 years ago so we weren't too disappointed. Hubby decided to go ahead and get a new one, so we went to Lowes and bought one with a 5-year warranty that's being delivered today. It's nice to replace one at a time instead of having to get a new washer and dryer all at once. So I'm sorry the old one died, but congrats on getting a new one! I know I'm really excited to see ours when I get home today.

I'm so sorry for B...I have much more sympathy for people in pain these days. LOL. Good luck on finding him a doctor. Poor kid. That can't be easy for him.

Lori G. said...

I'm so sorry that B is hurting.

Your kids are awesome to do all that they've been doing and help with the clothes (and the dryer!). But you are an awesome mom too.

Good luck with the dryer and enjoy your eggs. I need to get some tonight myself but at the store. No chickens for us. :-(

Dawn said...

Sounds like a most productive day.

How lovely to have fresh eggs!

Amy said...

Kou~

Any recommendations on the dryer situation?

Thanks for thinking of B. He's such a trooper and doesn't complain but the poor kid can't lift his arm.

Lori~

Thanks! I'm pretty fond of my kids most days. They do have their moments of insanity but for the most part...

9 eggs today! 3 more and I'll be getting a dozen a day. I can't wait!

Dawn~

Thanks for stopping by! Hope all is well with you and those most precious grand daughters of yours!