Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

As Promised

     Here are the pix I promised last night.  I don't know when I'll get pix again after tomorrow.  Ruth appears to be a PEW in the making.  She seems to think that Elmer belongs to her and only needs his mom in his life.  That she has sole control over when he sees his dad or how much.   Now, Ice Cube could hang on to Elmer and be a jerk about it but he's trying to be reasonable with her.  She can't just come down here and take the baby.  By TX law, they have joint custody.  IC seems to believe that she won't try to keep the baby from him.  I think her dad is harping in her ear and that once he gives the baby back, it will take a couple of phone calls to round up the money to get an attny before he gets to see his son again.  She's already threatened to keep the baby from him for Christmas.  My poor kid has no idea what kind of fight he's got ahead of him if she stays on the path she showed today.  Originally, it was supposed to be a week with mom then a week with dad and they would have been mature and shared the baby.  I honestly thought she'd be more reasonable than she showed today.  I'm not sure if that was her talking or if her dad has filled her head with stuff that he's mistaken about.  TX is a joint custody state. This is not something that she's going to want to end up in court.  Then they'll be splitting holidays and each of them will have to go a month straight without seeing him in the summer.  The standard custody agreement for this state- weirder than I've ever seen before.  But, enough whining.  It's on him.  If he chooses to let her manipulate him or jerk him around where his son is concerned- not my problem.  I'll go back to plan A and buy savings bonds for Elmer for every birthday and holiday and one day (maybe a day I won't live to see) but one day, he'll be old enough to know how much we loved him and how much we wanted him in our lives and why he didn't get to be with his dad or this side of the family.  And I am a firm believer in Karma.  However, if I don't post for a couple of days after tomorrow - give me a chance to shed my tears and kick myself in the tail to get moving again.  And then y'all remind me to never get so attached to a wee one again.  


with Colby

We may have been cheating just a little bit?

Posing for pictures

With his Uncle Little Man

hugging on Daddy

on Daddy shoulders

Laughing with his Uncle B


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling your blog is going to become less about single parenting and more about fathers' rights. I'm pulling for IC and baby Elmer. Hopefully Ruth comes to her senses, but if not, maybe they can get some kind of legal doc drawn up for visits.

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope they can work fair visitation out! My brother is no longer able to see his oldest daughter because his ex has brainwashed her so much that she believes her dad is a piece of garbage. So sad! It sounds like the "mom" in your case could be heading down the same path. Nip it in the bud now!

Dawn said...

So sad. I'm so sorry. He sure is growing up!!