Anyhow, the point to all that is that I have discovered that I am not doing well at blogging when all 4 boys are here and the baby. Even though they're working and going out with friends and, in B's case, going to school - I'm not that talented. And you would think that with them being mostly all adults that they'd clean up behind themselves? HA! No. They're worse now than they were as children. That actually amuses me somewhat. I think because if you were to ask the kids (especially Tara), she always said that they had soooooo many chores. Of course, if you had ever asked Tara - she thought that having to pick up her dirty clothes was child abuse. That child was so messy that you could never see her floor thru the clothes. Reminds me of a funny. Well, it's funny now. Tara started smoking when she was young. My ex gave her her first cigarette when she was like 8. Now, before y'all go off on me- I worked back then. I didn't know he was giving her smokes and letting her smoke. I didn't catch her for the first time till she was about 13 or 14. Anyhow, I tried everything to get her to quit- broke her smokes and threw them away, searched her room, took away privileges, everything. (nothing worked btw). So, to get back on track - I came home one time and she was apparently hiding in her bedroom trying to sneak a smoke. Mama doesn't smoke. You know how fast a non-smoker can smell cigarette smoke in a non-smoking house? Quick! I went storming down the hallway and Tara, in her infinite wisdom, threw the lit cigarette in her garbage can. Which of course was plastic and full of papers. Anyone wanna guess what happened next? FIRE! Nope that wasn't noticeable at all. I tossed the garbage can in the tub and turned the shower on. I wasn't mad at all. Nope! Not me. I mean don't you expect a 17 year old to break the rules and almost burn the house down? It's funny now. Sort of like catching the boys trying to
Anywho, I just can't seem to find time for me with them all here this last week. With Hurricane in the middle of relocating and the baby here - I have been feeling very overwhelmed. For those of you that have small children- my hat is off to you. I know I did it when mine were little - but I don't for the life of me remember how. My life was down to peace and quiet. Just me and B here (well and Toni) for the most part. I have no peace and quiet anymore. It seems like there's always someone here. Not just my kids but their friends too. As fast as I clean, they mess up. As fast as I replace a roll of toilet paper (because don't you know no one else knows how to put the roll on the roller), it's empty again. If I mop, they track. I load the dishes, turn around, and there's a sink full again. And did I mention - I have no me time. None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Well, unless you count sleeping - which I do not. And even sleep is not sacred. I get woken up more often than I get to sleep a night thru. Wish me luck to survive this for the next few months. Hurricane should be in his place within the next few weeks but then my mom comes and we'll have Elmer that week and then it's hunting season and time for Vix and Cal's trip down for Cal to go hunting. And then it's the holidays and I'll have them all in and out here for the holidays. So, it's going to be crazy till after the first of the year. Just keep me and my sanity (or what may become a lack thereof) in your thoughts, prayers, well-wishes, etc please. I have a feeling that I'm going to need all the help I can get.
2 comments:
I don't know if my poor mother finds any of the stories funny yet about things my 3 brothers and I did when we were younger and still in her hair :)
Was the cigarrette that almost burned the house down the last cigarrette for Tara, at least for a while?
I don't know how you do it.... Because I would have stopped picking up after them long ago... The most I would do is put all their crap in a black bag and toss it in their room... they will eventually get the picture... you aren't their maid.
SS's stuff disappears when he leaves it laying around my house.
Post a Comment