So Saturday night was at mom's house last night. Ice Cube and his gf, Emmy, Pink and Jim, Little Man, B (Toni is gone for the weekend), Jim's son, Elmer, and another friend of the boys, Chaz. Cecil (another one of the "guys") had been here earlier but he left. Jim decided he had the craving for mom's chili. So I got a pretty good offer. They'd go to the store and pick up everything needed for chili if I'd put it together. Well, I have one of the easiest chili recipes. And for whatever reason, the kids all love it. So, since I didn't have anything else planned for last night- I said sure. Pink and B went to the store. Jim and IC made plates for the boys. Everyone helped clean up and rinsed dishes. And we sat here and watched my Rangers make error after error and throw a game. The company and food were good even if the game wasn't. Dinner for 10 and they left me no mess. That's what I call a good night. :)
For anyone who might care to have it, here is the chili recipe we used (I doubled this last night to feed all the boys and still have plenty).
1 pound hamburger browned and drained
2 cans kidney beans drained
1 can tomato soup
2 cans pork and beans
1 pkg chili seasoning (due to tummy issues that both Tim and I have, I use mild seasoning)
2 - 1/2 cans of water (rinse the juices out of your cans with the water)
Combine all the ingredients and simmer for a little bit. You have chili. We had hot dogs with it.
It was a bit chilly with some rain coming in last night so perfect chili weather. Then B went to Jim's house to play some online game where he could shoot people. He's not home yet. It's been just Elmer and I this morning. Very quiet - very nice. I needed nice and quiet after the morning I had yesterday. I woke up to such a mess that I didn't even bother cleaning it all up. I just got B and Elmer and left. We went to Nanny's house. B hung out with Colby while Elmer had a great time playing with the twins. They rode 4 wheelers and played games and ate and rode big wheels. Elmer kept trying to grab the throttle on boy twins 4 wheeler until we explained to him that he couldn't do that because it could hurt them. The 4 wheelers are the tiny ones - they don't go real fast and the parents have a remote with a kill switch on them. The kids had a blast though. B was helping Colby work on his 4 wheeler. I visited with Nanny. We also took Elmer to the pumpkin patch. We got some good pictures and got him a tiny pumpkin. He had a busy busy day yesterday.
I hope y'all are having a good weekend. It's quiet here now but I'm expecting a house full of boys later. We need to get some firewood cut before winter. Jim volunteered to come give B a hand. Little Man is good at that stuff too. Hurricane worked 6 days straight this week so no telling if he'll be here and up for it or not. IC hates anything to do with working in the yard but he'll hang out and watch everyone else work. Keep your fingers crossed for me that they get a bit done. :)
4 weeks ago
2 comments:
I'm craving chili now. Your recipe is similar to mine except I've never heard of putting pork & beans in, I might have to try that!
Your chili recipe is very much like mine, except I too have never heard of putting pork and beans in it. And I use pinto beans instead of kidney beans. So simple, yet everyone loves it. Glad you had a good time together! Thanks for always coming to visit my spot in blog world. I only get once a week done these days, if that, and I don't get around to visit unless I have a post up it seems! But I can't bring myself to quit entirely. Too many good friends out there.
Post a Comment