Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Short

     Folks, I am seriously feeling the pain tonight.  So this might be the shortest post I've ever written.  However, knowing the way my fingers get going when I have something on my mind- there's no telling.....


     Ice Cube is on his way to a temp job.  I would love to see him get into one of these places full time.  This job tonight pays $12/hour.  Before he got with Ruth, he was doing so well.  He had 2 trucks, 2 jobs (one full time plus his umpiring job during baseball season), a wardrobe that would make a rock star jealous and just about anything a 17 year old kid could dream of having.  He had worked since he was 14 and had done really well at being responsible and saving money.  He quit jobs to move where she wanted - not cross town but 3 hours across the state.  He got another good job in Austin and then she wanted to move back.  He traded in one truck to get her a new car and she wrecked the other one.  When they split up, he had nothing.  Now - I tried to warn him.  When he wanted to trade in his good truck after she wrecked the other one - I told him "NO!".  But in the way of young love, he was sure that they'd be together forever and he just wanted to make her happy.  So, when they split up, she has a car and he got an old beat up motorcycle.  It gets him to work.  But all he has to do is get his foot in to one of these places down here.  He can start climbing the ladder and get back to where he was.  He and Ruth agreed to a really reasonable amount of support and  she even admitted to the lady that he had been paying support before they went to court and didn't ask for back support.  His medical issues that he'd had there at the end have been resolved and he's healthy again.  


     Hurricane just pulled in.  He's going to look for anything in his field down here.  He and Donna would like to put a house out here on the property.  Vix had me make the call to the 911 people today and get 2 more addresses for the property.  One address is for where she and Cal are putting their house.  The other address is for whichever of the boys takes the other drive/clearing.  If I can get these 2 older boys back on their feet and moving in the right direction again - not that they really went in the "wrong" direction but some of their choices would not have been the ones that I would have made for them.  And the paths they have travelled have not exactly led to smiles and happiness (which I could have predicted but who listens to me- I'm just the mom).  I have hope though that they'll move on into smiles now.  


    Well, H is here and as I've been sitting on the phone talking to Ms Minnie, we're mildly amused.  Samples of conversation going on around here:


B - I hit LM in the nuts with a curve ball the other day --- mad laughter. H jumping up and down laughing.  


Ms Minnie:  What size do the boys wear.  Me:  LM - what size shirt do you wear? H:  "fat".  LM:  you're going to have a fat lip


H: LM did you check your boobies?  It's breast cancer awareness month.  


Yes.... the boys are here.  Wonder how long till I get a headache

No comments: