B has been home sick all week. He hasn't been to school since last Thurs. Well, he did try to go yesterday. They kicked him back out before 11. The nurse didn't like the way his eyes looked. She didn't like the way he sounded. She didn't like the way he looked at all. So, they called me. At least he got his test taken before he got sent back home. He'll be staying late and going in early for a week to make up all the time he's missed. I think he could have gone to school today but once they send them home with a fever, they can't go back for 24 hours. Last night he worried me a bit when he was telling me that he was having trouble breathing. As those of you who have asthmatic children know, that breathing thing sends a shock down thru your heart. Especially with B, he was hospitalized so many times as a small child. So many nights in the hospital. Oxygen tents, breathing treatments, CPT therapists.... Even though he's outgrown most of it, I still have flashbacks when he gets sick. After starting antibiotics yesterday (Dr. thought he had a virus) and sleeping 12 hours straight last night, he seems to be on the mend today. He's back bugging me about food which is the first sign that he's on his way back to being his normal brat self.
Rangers won their first opening day game in 5 years. They really kicked tail beating Cleveland 9-1. Yankees got beat by the Orioles 10-5. This tickles me. The boys not so much. All 4 of them are Yankee fans. I wanted to rock the boat so I became a Red Sox fan. And then, the more I watched them- the more I liked them. And then came Papelbon and I love his attitude. His personality. The cockiness he has. And the Sox- they won their opening day game yesterday. 5-3. And no amount of razzing from my rotten offspring could ruin it. Because their team lost and mine won. Hee hee. Tonight I have tickets to the Rangers game. $1 hot dog night. That ought to be really cheap for me. One hotdog is about all I can handle. I don't feel like I'm losing weight, but since I'm changing pants sizes, I must have lost something.
Well, off to go to lunch with a friend. I don't know why I made plans for today because I'm really not in the mood to go anywhere. But, I made plans so I guess I'll go get ready. I'm sure I'll have a great time once I get there. Sometimes, I'm just a home body.
No comments:
Post a Comment