I'm taking a short break to fuel my obsession with baseball. My 2 favorite teams have been playing a 3 game series against each other. I, of course, had to watch at least part of it. Things are going well here around the house. We're getting things done at a good pace. Not that I should be sitting down right now, but hey - no one's perfect. I have all but where I'm waiting on mud to dry painted in the hall way. The whole left hand side of the hall is done and painted. Little Man is busy running off to see his friends and arguing with me about helping so I've decided to ignore his room. He wants it done, he can quit being a lazy tail and help get it done. He and Tom took off to go swimming while Pancho and B helped me finish off the trim work in B's room. All I have left to do in what was his original room is paint one wall and it's done. I am SO happy about that! We got the piece of dry wall replaced this morning where Hurricane had put all his nice holes in it. Wouldn't you know that it was 3 1/2 inches too short for the wall? So, I still have to piece in that bottom couple of inches. I just thought I was done hanging dry wall didn't I?
On other notes, the check from crappy insurance company came in. We got it to the roofers and they have been here at 8 am the last 2 mornings working on the house. Can you imagine how unhappy my children are that there has been someone banging on the roof over their heads on their first two days of summer break? They all got up this morning yelping at me about it. My sympathy level is at an absolute low right now and by the time the third child got out of bed complaining....let's just say my response wasn't very nice. I think I got progressively ruder by the complaint. They were warned and they could go to bed earlier than they did so .... not. my. problem. When things need done - they need done.
My kids are giving me a hard time about our roofer. I will say that I've known this man and his brother for years. About 8 of them. Roofer is a nice guy. Single guy with kids. Custodial parent. We have spent many minutes (hours?) on the phone lately trying to get everything straightened out with the crappy insurance company and get this job going. Our conversations have veered off course a time or ten and we may have talked about other things that just the insurance. So, my brats have started teasing me about "my boyfriend". Their words - definitely not mine. I may or may not have to paint make-up on them while they're sleeping if they don't quit. I must have been too much a hermit the last 11 years since talking to a man on the phone elicits this much attention. Roofer guy is as happily divorced as I am and I'm fairly sure that he has no more attention of ever getting involved with anyone again than I do. So, the kids are barking up the wrong tree on this one. I'm not quite sure why everyone seems to think I would be happier if I were "with someone". Well.... having someone else here to take over all this remodeling stuff would be nice. But, then what would I do with them once the work was done? Just joking folks! I know that most of my friends in blog land are happily married. It just doesn't seem to be the thing for me. I'm no good at marriage. I'm too independent.
Well, the Rangers have almost beat the Red Sox in the rubber match between the 2 teams. I suppose I should get ready to get in there and get that wall painted. I've been too much a bum the last hour anyhow. Y'all take care!
4 weeks ago
2 comments:
I'm glad you are finally getting your roof fixed. Isn't insurance a pain?
I think it's sweet that the kids want to see you "with someone." Wouldn't it be fun to have someone to go out and do things with?
Is Roofer Man a baseball fan? I would say that's a pre-requisite. =)
Sharon-
I hate insurance. We will be switching companies at the end of this claim. That's something Vix was supposed to take care of and never did so I'm going to take care of it. LOL
I don't know if Roofer man is a baseball fan or not. He's never been to a game. He's going to watch the game Thursday night with me and B. Not a date! I'm gun shy I guess. I'm happily single and unwilling to change my status quo. As for going out to do things with.... I go out and do whatever I want to do. Usually with friends. I'm just not a big socialization person I guess.
Thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment