Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Monday, June 8, 2009

so much....

So much accomplished. So much left to do. I have decided that I am going to blow off the rest of the painting. I have one day left after today and I will need to spend that day packing and doing other moving related things. All the actual remodeling work is done. All that is left is painting. I feel good about it. Pancho has been so much help. He is a great kid!

I believe that Little Man and one of his friends are going to paint his room tomorrow while I'm running some errands and going to the Dr. That's great. Me, personally - I'm done. I got the walls fixed, the trim, hung and B's room totally painted. Tomorrow is going to be organization and cleaning and getting our fence down so we can take it with us. I was going to try to keep going tonight but then my friend Roofer guy told me that with everything that I have lined up in the next week with moving I should take some time to relax before I have to hit it hot and heavy. Since I was pretty tired anyhow (we stayed up till 3 AM last night hanging trim and drywall and fixing the last of the places where I had fist holes in my wall) I decided he had given me a good excuse to be lazy and take a break. So, I showered and put on clothes that don't have paint on them and I'm trying to relax. Of course, B has other idea's. He's bored. He's always bored. It would help if his 360 wasn't a piece of junk and wasn't on the fritz again. So, part of what I have to do tomorrow is drop it off to get sent off to get fixed again. I'm really sorry that I bought that piece of junk 360. This is the 3rd time that it's had to be sent back on the warranty repair program in the last few months. Now the piece of junk won't even power up. I guarantee you the next one I pick up with be a PS3. The guy at the pack and mail place told me that they had one customer who has sent their xbox back 12 times in the last year. It's averaging once a month. That's pretty bad considering that the turn around time for the repair center to have it is usually 10-14 days.

Thursday night, we're going to the game again. I'll need to relax by then. However, I'll really have to work hard on not feeling guilty for taking time off to go watch it. Roofer guy is going with us Thursday night. He's never seen a major league game before. He claims that he's always wanted to go. We'll see if he gets bored or not Thursday night. I don't think he knows much about baseball at all. I'm not sure how much he's ever watched even on tv..... And me - I'm an addict. LOL

I'm a bit worried about B. He's had a cough for the last few days and it just seems to be getting worse. It seems to be draining him. It's 7 Pm and he's in bed already. He's never in bed at 7. He didn't go to bed at 7 when he was 2. I've mentioned going to the Dr. a few times and he's been adamently opposed to going saying that he "feels fine" and it's "just a cough". It doesn't really seem to be a asthmatic type cough and he doesn't seem to really be having trouble breathing. But it's a lingering thing. And today I'm noticing that his cheeks are a bit flushed. I'm getting worried about him getting pneumonia again as he's been really prone to getting pneumonia. He may find himself at the Dr. tomorrow whether he thinks he "feels fine" or not.

Well, guess I'll watch the game tonight and get to bed early. Y'all take care!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I don't know how you drag a teen to the doctor, but sounds like he really needs to go.

Will you be near baseball games when you move?

Amy said...

Dawn,

I'll give him another day or so and then just make the appointment and listen to him grouch. Or if it's allergy related, then it might go away. With him it's always a toss up.

We'll be about 2 hours away from teh games once we move. I'm still keeping our tickets and we plan on making the drive back a couple times a month to go. Can't stop feeding my addiction... ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping B feels better soon.

I'm glad to read your reviews on the XBOX, as I have to replace a game system soon. I definitely won't buy an XBOX 360.

Have fun at the game Thurs. night! =)

Summer said...

I think we got lucky, we haven't had a single issue with our 360- but the guy who sold it us didn't want it anymore because he thought it was broken. Monkey reset it (or something) and it was fine, no issues since. But I have heard horror stories!

I'm glad you're going to be driving back for the ball games even when you're living so far away. You deserve to have something special just for you and you shouldn't give it up. :-)