Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.
So sorry about Little Man, and the fact that people want to close their eyes and pretend it never happened. Validation is a big part of the healing process for a victim, and sometimes we never get that. Which makes recovery slower.
I don't blame you for keeping Tom away. And I really hope that this doesn't mess up your holidays.
I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. The fact that it is "no big deal" doesn't make it ok to not apologize. Obvioulsy Tom has a drinking problem. I hope this mess doesn't effect your Christmas.
How truly awful. Funny how people try to move past something when all they have to do is acknowledge it. And your position is one of protection and boy have I been there.
What a tough spot for little man to be in...as if everyone has turned a blind eye to his trauma. I know how that stings. Here's hoping that your holidays won't be overcome by this situation. xo
I'm on Little Man's side here, absolutely. Family comes first and I really don't think Ice Cube should have done what he did. Maybe he didn't think, but it was still incredibly inconsiderate, even stupid.
Make sure Little Man knows you support him totally. He needs that from you. Hopefully Ice Cube can get to the point of having empathy for Little Man's feelings.
6 comments:
So sorry about Little Man, and the fact that people want to close their eyes and pretend it never happened. Validation is a big part of the healing process for a victim, and sometimes we never get that. Which makes recovery slower.
I don't blame you for keeping Tom away. And I really hope that this doesn't mess up your holidays.
I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. The fact that it is "no big deal" doesn't make it ok to not apologize. Obvioulsy Tom has a drinking problem. I hope this mess doesn't effect your Christmas.
BTW my new blog is http://theevilsim.blogspot.com
How truly awful. Funny how people try to move past something when all they have to do is acknowledge it. And your position is one of protection and boy have I been there.
What a tough spot for little man to be in...as if everyone has turned a blind eye to his trauma. I know how that stings.
Here's hoping that your holidays won't be overcome by this situation.
xo
I'm on Little Man's side here, absolutely. Family comes first and I really don't think Ice Cube should have done what he did. Maybe he didn't think, but it was still incredibly inconsiderate, even stupid.
Hope your Thanksgiving went well otherwise. :-)
Make sure Little Man knows you support him totally. He needs that from you. Hopefully Ice Cube can get to the point of having empathy for Little Man's feelings.
Post a Comment