Before IC turned 4, he had gotten 2 sets of stitches in his head courtesy of LM. Once when he was trying to steal food off LM's plate, LM stabbed him in the head with a fork. Yes he did. Left the fork standing straight out of his brothers head. I kid you not folks. We didn't give LM a fork to eat with for many a year after that. Made him eat with a spoon. When the kids went to my mom's house for dinner one time, my mom set the table and IC told her. "no no gamma. LM don get no fok." It wasn't long after that that the kids were in the back yard playing - all 4 of them with a 6 ft privacy fence guys - and they got into it over a toy and LM picked up a 6" gate hinge and hit IC in the head with it. Back to the hospital for more stitches we went. Now, after that- either IC got smart and made sure there was nothing for LM to hit him with around when he instigated. Or LM got tired of not being allowed to play out of mom's arms reach because of him hitting people. Do not think that IC was Mr Innocent in all this. He wasn't. Were LM's reactions over the top and unacceptable. Yea but he was 2 and 3.
Last night, LM was hanging out at brothers house with oh so good friend, Casy. (and please read that with all the sarcasm intended). Casy was in a bad mood because he was fighting with his mom. Somehow, the 3 of them got mouthing back and forth because don't you know the testosterone was a flowing and couldn't any of them keep their mouths shut. By the time all was said and done, my 2 had gotten into it. LM was in his car with no gas and no money because he went down to old town on Casy's dime at Casy's invitation and Casy was supposed to put the money in his car for him to come home today. And yes, I spoke to Casy directly about this before the 2 left here. I laid into both of mine and Casy isn't free from the wrath of Amy yet by any stretch of anyone's imagination. LM - now with Hurricane. We will get him gas money today to come home on. He has said he won't go back now for the wedding. Not much of a surprise there.
I am cutting this visit short. Between the issues with my back and things I need to do here at the house, I am tired. I am not much in the mood for a visit right now. And weddings aren't really my thing. I am so worried about my back going out again, I'm scared to breathe. I'm not really thrilled about leaving town right now but I did make the commitment. My hermit tendencies are in full control right now and they are yelling at me to just stay home and close to the couch. However, if they win this battle, then its easier to let them win the next one too.
And if they win enough battles, then eventually they'll win the war. And I'm not willing to let that happen. See, if I had my way - I'd stay home 24/7/365. I'd much rather be a hermit and not deal with any people outside my little electronic devices. Keeps the demons in my imagination at bay. But I long ago learned, that if I let them gain ground - they don't give it back. For every little bit of freedom I've lost over the years, they make me fight twice as hard to get back that inch as I fought to keep it. So it's easier to fight the little battles - to keep what's mine. And so I'm going. But to preserve my back- I'm making it a shorter trip. Because I don't think Elmer will understand if grandma can't pick him up and swing him around like usual.
Well, off here to start lists for the ins company. They needs lists of the damages to my personal property. That and I have to get some money into LM's account so he can get home today. Keep smiling all!
3 comments:
rest. rest. Helloooo? Are you listening, damnit!
Take it easy and take care of that back. Is it bad that I'm giggling picturing a toddler stabbing his brother in the head with a fork?! haha!
Oh my, the image of a fork sticking out of a head...will forever be with me. :-)
Post a Comment