People have really lost their minds in the world around me recently. Either they have gone stone cold brain dead or just flat out nuts.
For one, Little Man thinks that he can move out now. He will be 18 in 3 months. Now, by TX law, he can move out actually. Once your child turns 17 in this state, the police will not force them back home. Which is garbage because the parents are still financially responsible for them. So, they won't make them come home. Can't make them listen. But you still get to pay for them. Ha! Not! They will also be charged as an adult for any crime that they commit. So, while I was back in town for the last wedding, LM either quit or got fired from his job. And he has chosen to not look for another one. Now, he has his car insurance paid up thru May. After that, I'm removing the car from my insurance. And it will be parked. So, then he hits me up with, he wants to move back to old town. And he wants to do it now. But, he wants me to keep paying for his cell phone and part of his car ins while he does it. Can you say.... BWAHAHAHAA Not gonna happen. Not in this lifetime or the next. I told him that if he was grown enough to move out- he was grown enough to pay his own bills. Now, honestly- I might continue to pay for his phone for the few months that are left on the contract. Only because the cost of terminating the contract is more than paying for the monthly service. But car insurance? Never. And like I told him, his car insurance is going to go up majorly in price. He has an accident and a speeding ticket and drives a camaro. I have a perfect driving record and almost 30 years experience while he is a teenage boy. Removing him from my policy will save me about $50/month. It will cost him about an extra $100/month. Additionally, if he's not residing with me, I legally can't have him on my car insurance. They frown on things like that. And I'm not nice like that. Now, if he had finished his schooling, was going off to the military, going off to college, doing right- any of those circumstances would change things. But the way he's going/acting- I'm all for letting him learn the hard way. Yes, I am a mean one. But really, they can either learn now or learn later and better to learn from me than the police.
For another, Tom and his family had gone away for several days. I had delusions of the fools finding a life and not being obsessed with me and my life anymore. No such luck. It wasn't that they grew up or got a life. It was Tom's sisters birthday this past weekend and they had a drunken fest of a weekend. Yeah - so much for his lies about how he quit drinking right? It's ok. We never believed them anyhow. ;) So, last night, they got on my blog and did a search for all blogs relating to Kristi. Yes! I'm serious! Can you say pathetic losers?
So then, my old neighbor called me today. She keeps wondering when I'm coming in for her son's wedding. Well, right now- I don't know. I don't know that I can make it in for the wedding. And its so nice to be wanted. It really is. But that is a long time in the car - sitting up- when I haven't been doing too well at that the last few days. And then - will I be able to drive it? Because I'm not all too sure about making that trip right now. So, Hurricane offered to come get me. As sweet as that is- climbing in and out of his truck- not a good idea. The bouncing and bumping of riding in his truck- not a good idea either. And then, I would be down there and vehicle-less- which is also something that I'm not thrilled with. So, either I will make it down there under my own power- or not make the trip right now. Now, my neighbor is all - "oh don't worry, you'll be up and fine by tomorrow" But so far- not even close. Yes, I get a bit better every day. Yes, I am up and doing a bit more every day. But 3 hours in a car? I just don't know about that one yet....
Well, time to see what trouble I can get in to. I did start a load of laundry today. Yeah me! I also ditched the leftovers out of the fridge. Kristi has been doing the loading and unloading of the dishwasher. I still hurt to even breathe. Seriously. It hurts to take a breath. It hurts from my back thru to my ribs. Irritating as all get out. Y'all take care and have a great day!
4 weeks ago
4 comments:
it sounds like LM is going to be learning a lesson the hard way :(
hope you feel better!
Sounds like that child has lost his mind! My parents let me stay on their insurance until I was 21, but I was still paying my portion. But I was also working FT and going to school FT.
I hope you start to feel better and can go to the wedding. You could make LM drive you since he won't have anything to do since he doesn't have a job.
You go, Amy! I get tired of hearing people (okay, kids) cherry-picking what grown-up means and what they'll pay for....
That's very sweet of Hurricane to take you to the wedding but I have to agree...that's a long trip in a truck. Just wait and see!
You've reminded me -- I need to go through the fridge tonight too. (And that also brings me to Tom...more waste of space! What a pair of losers! Oh well. They can do what they want; you and Kristi are moving on!) Hang in there and get better!
Sharon~
Unfortunately, he is hard headed and bound and determined to learn things the hard way. :(
Step-In~
Little Man is already back in old town. He took his friend home last Thursday and has basically refused to come back home at this point. He didn't even call to check and see how I was when I went to the hospital or since I've been out. He's too wrapped up in himself right now.
Lori~
Kids today have grown up feeling so entitled that they think that a house, money to pay the bills, and everything they need will just fall from the sky. That its all owed to them. Mine should darn well know better and he's fixing to get a big reminder!
Post a Comment