Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday special

Good morning all! I am up and feeling a bit more human today. I was running a fever last night on top of the other things. Almost 102. I called Vix and asked her where that would have come from because I didn't feel sick. Only in pain. She told me that the fever could be a reaction to all the misery that my body has gone thru. The fever is gone this morning so far. I have done nothing but sleep it seems since I got home from the hospital. I get online and start talking to one of my friends and drift off in the middle of a conversation. Kristi and B have stepped up and kept things going while I have been flat on my back sleeping.

I have so very much to do around here. I keep looking at all the materials laying around that I should be up and working with. I get so frustrated with my inability to get up and get going on it. And the mess of having sheets of drywall and boxes of flooring in my dining room is driving me nuts. ;) So is having my bedroom floor down to only needing one line of flooring to lay and being unable to get in there to do it. The skirting for the house was delivered the day I went to the hospital- its still sitting outside. Not that I was going to install that anyhow but still. I need to get the guy over here to get it done at least.

Well, sorry for the short post, I am drifting back off. I just can't seem to get my energy back. And I already had so much to do and so little time to get it done in. I need this to go away quickly so that I can get some stuff done before I go back to old town for the next wedding. I'm supposed to have a wedding a week from today. An appointment with my orthopedic surgeon on the Tues following the wedding. And then a mexican buffet couples shower from my other friend's son who is getting married in May. I may not stay in old town long enough to go to the shower though. I am so far behind here. Oh, and Vix and I have to go file suit against the home movers that moved this place while I'm in town. We have spent the last year trying to get this guy to make things right and he is still refusing. The mover guy did thousands of dollars of damage to the house and stuff in the house. We haven't even been able to afford to replace some of the things he broke. Kristi says that she's going to stay here while I'm gone and take care of the animals and stuff. She has no inclination to go back at this point and time. If she'd rather stay here and hang out and take care of the animals, that's fine with me. I can't believe that she'd rather stay here than go see her friends in old town but it works for me.

Well, y'all have a good day! I'm having the hardest time staying awake and that makes no sense. Its my back that got hurt. But yet, I haven't been able to stay up for more than an hour at a time since the injury. Someone please tell me what I can do to get over this faster so I can go back to working on my house!

6 comments:

Sharon said...

The house can wait. Just focus on getting better. And don't try to do too much too soon.

Dee said...

Sleep. I don't have to tell you that when the body is injured, it heals best when sleeping. You know that, right? Nature's way of enforcing rest. ha!

Smirking Cat said...

I was sick of most last week...oh heck most of the winter! I hope you are feeling better soon. Til then take care of YOU, not the house!

Amy said...

Sharon~

That pain scared me straight for a long time! I won't risk that again.

Dee~

Yeah, well then my body is getting loads of time to heal because I've been asleep more than awake in the last few days. Although, I have been up for almost a whole 3 hours straight today. LOL

Smirking Cat~

Thanks! I am taking care of me. But the stuff needing done around the house really does eat at me. ;)

Lori G. said...

I agree with everyone else...houses can wait. I know it is annoying and frustrating to lay there and see all of the work that needs to be done BUT there's no point in rushing yourself to get it done and then not be able to enjoy it later b/c you've run yourself down even more.

(Why is it when we're sick, we really notice ALL of the things that's wrong in our houses? I really tend to notice cobwebs and crazy stuff like that then.)

Get better!

Summer said...

Stress can make you incredibly tired. I slept 10 hours yesterday and I was still exhausted. With 5 kids I'm surprised you find the energy to wake up at all. lol