Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

random updates

Good morning all! Please don't forget that if you start seeing someone from embarqhsd.net on your site meter from Killeen, TX - that is our good friend Tom and family. Tom has, of course, moved back home with his mom and so you may see more than 1 hit a day from that IP as there are multiple people from that house that have no life and therefor have to live thru mine.

I was asked yesterday: What happens now with the doc? Well, they wanted me to get this test done today but as I felt the need to get home and didn't want to stay another couple days I'm going back next month and getting it done. They are going to stick this big ugly needle in my knee and make me miserable while they look to see where all this dye goes that its not supposed to. I bet you just can't imagine why I would put that off a week or 5 can you? Personally, I could pass on that whole idea. I'm thinking... big needle = pain. I don't much care what they do to me when I'm asleep but awake... That's a whole different story! After that, later that afternoon, I will get to see my brilliant doc. He will give me the option of this or that. Troy wanted me to get the test done immediately because - well, he couldn't figure out how I'm still walking. I told him: "one step at a time of course" ;) Is there another way to do it? Depending on how bad it looks when they get the dye study back, they may be able to go in there and clean it up some more, put a fake padding type thing in there, or we may be at the point where they have to try and replace the knee and start turning me bionic. The doc wanted to avoid that as long as possible because of how young I am. I hear that those bionic knees have a limited life expectancy and the doc really didn't want to have to put more than 1 in because the ligament and tendon issues that caused the original bones to get like this will make his job "interesting" (yeah - that's the word he used. Makes me feel real confident about this surgery...yep it does) My back problem - disease acting up. Will it happen again? Oh most likely. I could sneeze and have it do it again. My opinion on that? It can just shut up and leave me alone while I live my life. I've got things to do.

Kristi and Tom? Oh, he's Mr. Manipulative. Tuesday night- he denied everything about OK and called Little Man a liar. Yesterday, his "AA and counselor said he has to own up to his mistakes to be able to move on". Of course, he hasn't gone to AA by his own admission so that part of it was total BS. Oh yea, part of the 12 steps is to own up to those who you have wronged. But do I think he had an awakening in less than 24 hours? Not a chance. It's all part of his games. He admits that he wasn't a good husband. We all know that he destroyed the last 3 years of her life. He claims to love her. Claims that we all know are false. See, here's the truth of the matter. He knows that he's ripping her apart. He knows that all the issues between he and her brothers- his fault. He abused children. LM - 15 at the time. Ice Cube- 16 at the time. B - was 12 when all this started and he had to be subjected to the drinking and the screaming and cussing and get drug out at midnight to go rescue his brother from a safe house over 100 miles from home. I've discussed how that affected LM before. Tom did admit that he was abusing Kristi that night and that LM was doing nothing more than standing up for his sister. He, of course, denied threatening to kill LM. A denial that I don't believe. He knows that the damage done between himself and her brothers - permanent. That there is no turning back the clock. That his abuse and drinking destroyed any chance of him ever being accepted by them. Yet, he still keeps tearing her apart trying to get her to go back to him and lose her family. Her brothers have told her that they're done with her if she goes back. Tom cost her 3 years of her brother's lives. She doesn't want to lose watching her nephew (and the nieces and nephews to come) grow up too. She's stated that. If Tom loved her- he'd let her go. Quit tearing her apart. He won't. Proves that he doesn't. Words are cheap. His actions show the truth just like all the times in the past.

The boys? Doing good. Schooling - going good. They've been hanging out at the house joking around and helping out. As soon as I get a chance to get into the big town near by, I need to pick up a few things to finish up stuff around here and then I've got some fun for them to play with. ;) Don't know how much fun they'll consider it all but... they'll get physical education out of it.

The chickens started laying eggs. We got almost a dozen yesterday. There were 8 out there in the morning and then 2 more when I went to put them up. Unfortunately, that means they're probably laying during the day and we're losing some because they're laying them around the yard. I need to work on that problem too. But what I need to get to fix it- once again in the larger town and I need to go make a trip there which is an undertaking that I'm not ready for just yet. Oh for a good laugh this morning.... I hard boiled some of the fresh eggs last night for the salad for dinner. B looks at us and says: "What do these eggs taste like?" Kristi answers him "eggs". And we all laughed at him. He just wasn't sure about this all. It was hilarious. I think he was afraid that they were going to taste different or something.

Off to the races. I have one cabinet in the bathroom left to paint. Then I have a little bit of touch up to do. Then we lay the rest of the floor. We are so close to having those 2 rooms completed. AC guy will be here today to take care of cleaning out the ducts and the AC guy knows a guy who will come take care of the insulation under the house. I really want to have it all completed before I go in for surgery. Keep smiling all!

edited to add: I sit here now biting my tongue in half as my daughter is in tears while Mr Abusive Tom tears her down further. She told him her brothers will never accept him (an absolute truth) and that she can't lose them. He steadily manipulates and makes her cry while jerking her chain (and yes I know she needs to just change the number - not call him and make a clean break!) but like I said- if he loved her like he steadily lies and claims- he wouldn't do this to her. People live thru divorce. They live thru the loss of their children. Tom has done both. Its a shame that he doesn't spend as much time and effort in trying to become a parent to his children as he does making my daughters life hell. The more he hurts her - the more certain it becomes that 1. he has not changed and 2. we will never accept him. And folks, don't take this wrong but we live in prejudice town USA in the south - my boys would accept her dating a black man and deal with all the talk and embarrassment of that sooner than they would accept Tom.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Abusive people prey on the weak. As long as Kristi answers the phone, or the emails, Tom sees that as a weakness. An entry back in....

You take it easy.

Lori G. said...

Oh, Amy, I'm so sorry about your knee and your back and all of the possible things that they want to do to you.

I'm really worried about Kristi -- she has accomplished a lot in the time that she's spent back with you -- lots of good memories and rebuilding relationships. She has a lot to offer to the world and to waste it on a loser like Tom (and you are one, Tommy) would be a crime. If Tom really is working a program (which I doubt), he should be concentrating on his own recovery rather than harassing Kristi. Kristi, if you're reading this, you're a strong woman and you can make it with your family's help. They always have your back. Past performance with people like Tom always guarantee the same results. Love yourself as much as your family loves you and change that telephone number and drop him! Your family loves you so much!