Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Yes, I am a fool

Well, I guess while I'm up and somewhat conscious, I'll get this post written. I got my delivery yesterday from Home Depot. Some drywall, the skirting kit for the house, a few other odds and ends. They brought the stuff off the truck with a fork lift and put it up by the house. Until we got to the drywall. He brought it up to the deck and then Kristi, B and I tried to move it into the house. Big mistake! The delivery guy took pity on us and helped B get it into the house. Of course, by that time... it was too late.

30 minutes later I was in a ball on the ground with hot pokers stabbing me. I took a couple of my pain pills. They did nothing. Kristi put 3 lidocane patches on my back. Still no relief. The pain by this time had me curled up in a ball crying. The kids called the ambulance a bit later. Now folks, I can't tell you how the timing of this all went. I was incoherent with pain to say the least. The paramedics and ambulance arrived shortly and I got a quick trip to the hospital. They started an IV, gave me some medicine. They knocked the pain level down to bearable. Kristi drove me home. She also went and picked up some medicine that they prescribed to try and stop the muscle seizures.

Since then, I have been flat on my back as the Dr ordered. I can't even make it to the bathroom without help. Kristi and B have been great. I will be following the Dr's orders about staying in bed. I wouldn't if I could move well enough to get up. I still have a million things that I need to do before I can go to the wedding. Somehow, I just don't see them getting done.

Well, I feel the need to doze off again. I don't manage to be up for more than a little bit at a time. Y'all take care!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh Amy, that sounds terribly painful. I hope you feel better soon.

Lori G. said...

Amy, I'm so sorry that all of this happened. I'm just glad that there were people around to call 911 and get you back home.

Get better!

The Step In Mom. . . said...

I hope you are starting to feel better. That sounds like some pretty horrible pain.

Summer said...

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry I didn't read this sooner. STOP OVERDOING IT! I love you but you are Superwoman in mind only- not body. I'm glad you seem to be feeling a bit better, and kudos to B and Kristi for helping you out!