Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Friday, October 1, 2010

home again home again jiggedy jig

     Tomorrow I head home.  I cannot wait!  I can't wait to see my monsters.  I can't wait to sleep in my bed.  I can't wait to cook.  Yes, I said I can't wait to cook.  I really can't.  I've only gotten two "home cooked" meals since I've been here.  Hurricane made one of them.  He did hamburgers out on the grill one night.  One other night, Ruth cooked and made a roast.   I want meatloaf or bbq chicken or some spaghetti.  I'd be happy with a frozen pizza right now.  Sad right?  I've been taken out to dinner numerous times by friends.  Its not that I haven't eaten.  But I really would love to have something that comes out of my oven.  

     Ruth and IC still at her mom's house.  It sure appears that the trip to my house isn't going to happen.  Supposedly the whole reason that I couldn't take Elmer to the fair was that if we took him to the fair - they wouldn't be able to meet up with her mom till this evening which would mean that they couldn't drive home till tomorrow.  So I gave up taking Elmer to the fair so that they could leave last night.  Supposedly if they left last night, they'd come home tonight so that IC could leave with me tomorrow.  HA.  That didn't happen.  Now, the story is that they're going to meet up with me tomorrow before I hit the highway.  Anyone wanna bet that this never happens?  So basically, I got ripped off.  I didn't get to take Elmer to the fair and I'll be surprised if IC gets to come home with me and see his brothers.  How mad will I be?  Probably not.  Why get mad?  Either he's going to cowboy up and stop giving up things that he wants and stop putting her family in front of ours or he won't.  Its his life.  He's the one that has to be happy.  So long as he's happy and doing well - it's not my business.  All I can do is to be here when he needs me. 

  Fair story of the day:  I had a girl today doing the happy dance in line.  She "had to go"!  Right then.  So by the time we got to the bathroom, she went to pull her pants down and squat and I heard this good large pop and urine went EVERYWHERE.  I mean on the toilet, the floor, down her pants and even all over the wall.  She said " I had been holding it for so long I really had to go."  I was biting my tongue and cheek trying not to crack up laughing in her face.  I knew what had happened.  She had had a balloon or condom with someone else' urine in it and it had broken all over her.  Can you say.... KARMA?  Oh and BTW... She failed.  She admitted to Teri (the lady that owns the company) what had happened.  No pride ethics sense of self worth sense in that girl was there?  

     Teri had a good one late this afternoon too.  He gave her a cold specimen.  For those of you who might not know what this means - it means it wasn't his urine.  There are temperature strips on the cups.  The strips turn blue/green someplace between 90-100 degrees.  No color on the temp strip = specimen not body temperature = someone trying to cheat (or a corpse walking around trying to get a job).  When Teri told him that she couldn't take his specimen, he pulled a wad of cash out of his pocket with a $100 bill on top and asked her if she couldn't .... "change her mind".  Ummmmm - no.  Not a chance.   Like Teri said- big wad of cash probably equals drug dealer looking for a free pass into the fair to deal more drugs.  That would be a bad deal.  


    So, I'm looking forward to heading home.  Homecoming is tomorrow night.  I'll be back in time to watch my extras boys play football. I'm looking forward to visiting with Carol.  Giving Carol, B and Colby their shirts (I'll take pictures of the shirts after I get them).  I look forward to seeing all the kids who will be coming up to me and giving me hugs.  I've so missed getting hugs.  

     Hurricane took care of my car today.  It was running rough.  There was apparently a june bug and a couple of butterflies and some other assorted things in my massively dirty air filter.  He checked all my fluids.  Went and got me a new air filter and put it in and did a few other maintenance type things that really needed done.  He went and did some Christmas shopping with me. And then he put the Rangers game on and watched the last few innings with me. Probably one of the most enjoyable times I've spent with him in I can't tell you how long.  Now we're laying in his room watching one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen.  Well, he and Donna are watching it.  I'm desperately trying to ignore it.  Well, there's a relief.  It's over.  Don't ask me what the name of it was - I really spent the last few hours tuning it out.  It was horrid.  Ok, well off here - it's late.  One more day.  The car is loaded - I'm ready to go.  I'll have to be careful to not speed on the way home.  


*keep smiling!*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry things didn't work out with Elmer, but at least you spent some quality time with H. Have a safe trip home.