Mom of many heading into empty nest syndrome- come enjoy the ride!

About Me

My photo
Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.

Monday, August 4, 2008

I can't believe......

The Rangers beat the Yankees.   Yes, the Rangers have had one of their best seasons lately.  I don't think they've done this well in like 10 years.  But still.... the Yankees are a dynasty.  And a walk off Grand Slam for Marlon Byrd.  Congrats to the Rangers.  I, personally, am still a Red Sox fan first but the Rangers are my 2nd favorite team.  I get to see the Red Sox play in person one time a year if I'm lucky.  We, B and I, go to Ranger games about 3-4 times a month.  B informs me that it was a coaching error.  He says that they pitched a "lefty against a righty when they had a righty warmed up and they should have brought the righty to get a match up".  Now, if that makes ANY sense of all to you- congrats!  That's the 3rd 9th inning win the Rangers have had this week that I know of.  We saw them do it Tuesday and Friday when we were at the games and now tonight.  Unfortunately, my Red Sox lost tonight to Kansas City.  That's fairly unbelievable too.  

That I'm having to deal with ANOTHER boy hitting puberty!  I know it happens.  I know its part of life.  But that does NOT make it any easier.  If there is a time in their lives when I totally feel inadequate- it's when they hit this particular stage.  And I will say:  Thank God for older brothers who are right there helping us both live thru this!  And to have the 2 youngest hitting at the same time is cruel and unusual punishment for me.  Although the 13 year old still resembles a human,  the 16 year old is somewhere along the lines of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde right now.  Patience is the name of the game here right now.  

That my ex-husbands family has invaded the little town I live in.  Now to show you how unbelievable this is.  Ex and family have all lived in a medium sized town in IN.  After the break up we relocated to TX.  Came down here to where the kids god-parents lived and we had support.  Also for safety reason.  We live in SMALL town TX.  When we moved here- population was under 1300 people and that was counting a population that was 80% cows I think.  The nearest McDonalds was 20 miles down the highway.  The nearest Walmart was across the street from the McDonalds.  No fast food in town.  No stoplight or even a stop sign down the main street.  We've now grown enough that it's only 12 miles to the nearest Walmart and McDonalds.  It's still a town down the highway but still.  We even got a Sonic here in town.  But we're still the proverbial "small town".  I live on a country road that's gravel.  More potholes that you can count.  In the middle of nowhere.   So, what would the chances be that his cousin and another cousins family would both get transferred HERE.  To where I live?  And then what would the chances be that they would both buy houses in my neighborhood?  And then their parents came to visit from IN and they talked the parents into moving here.  So another one of their son's bought them a house.  ON. MY. STREET.  And it's not that I don't like these folks.  I do.  This is the only one of Ex's uncles that hasn't been in prison  (out of like 8 or 9 uncles).  They're really decent nice people.  But still....  I can't believe this!

Well, off to bed.  Hope everyone had a good weekend!  

1 comment:

I am the MOM said...

All those ex-in-laws in your neighborhood?? Too funny, but that happens to me too. My ex-husbands Aunt and Uncle live around the corner from me (which is fine) and I am forever running into "Uncle" at the grocery store.