B got his grade card today. 5 A's, 2 B's (an 88 and an 89) and a C. I will say that I'm not thrilled with the C but I'll live with it since the next lowest grade he had was an 88. I did tell him that the C he had needed to come up in the next grading period and he said ok. So, fingers crossed that he applies himself enough to pull it up. I'm really proud of him actually. He had a high B in English (which involves way more reading than he can do well with his eyes) and an A in Spanish. My mom said he'd needed to stay home more but I'm thinking that so long as his grades stay where they are (with the exception of the one that needs to come up) and his behavior is still good, than this is working.
I got a text message from B yesterday. He had stayed after school to watch Colby's football practice. Now, this works for me. This brings B to the attention of the coaches and will help them know who he is when baseball season comes around and its time for try-outs. The text message said that he and Colby wanted to know what I was making for dinner. So, that was my clue that I was feeding people last night. So, we had spaghetti and meatballs and I threw a loaf of garlic bread in the machine to bake. I was most popular with the kids who stopped thru here last night. And spaghetti is such an easy thing to throw together. Such a cheap bribe for the hugs it gets me. *read with the humor intended as I get the hugs whether I cook or not*
I got the rest of the back hallway finally painted today. I didn't get a lot done yesterday. I spent the day in a lot of pain. This
Now, the 2nd post season game for the Rangers is about to start. This is the first time that the Rangers have made it to the post-season in 11 years. They won their first post-season game yesterday after 9 straight losses. Cliff Lee threw a beast of a game and led the Rangers to a 5-1 victory. This is post-season play time in a household where the mommy is a baseball
PLAY BALL!
3 comments:
Congrats on an awesome report card! I'd say he's adjusting well to being back in public school!
Hope the Rangers won =)
That is a great report card! And I see no reason to "fix something that isn't broken". As long as he pulls that grade up he will be golden. My SS is learning the hard way that elementary school and middle school ARE NOT the same. He is usually an all A and 1 B student.... he will be lucky to be an all B and 1 C student on his first report card.
Great job on that report card!
I haven't made spaghetti in a while.. I may have to put that on the menu for this next week... :)
Post a Comment