So, it's Thanksgiving! Hope y'all have a wonderful day and for those of you on diets, don't sabotage yourselves too much. ;)
It a bag of mixed blessings around here this year. Hurricane and Donna are not coming. This will be the first time ever that H. is not at the Thanksgiving Day table. Well, couch since I haven't had a table in years. What happened to my table? Oh its a boy thing. One night while I was next door visiting my friend, Sharon, Ice Cube decided that it would be cute to "dukes of hazard" across my kitchen table. Problem was, IC was like 15 and going on 6 ft tall. He broke the table legs right off and all of Amy's boys couldn't figure out how to put it back together again. But they sure did think it funny that IC ingloriously hit the ground with the table. Donna said that they're not coming because I've been sick. Which with Cal's physical problems, it really isn't healthy for him to be exposed to any germs. But, after H's last conversation with me, I think it was a convenient excuse. Here's the big, bad admission - I don't miss kristi at all after all these years. She's been off doing her own thing, screwing up her life, and jumping from guy to guy for so long - that I'm used to her not being here. But Hurricane and Donna? Donna has been here for the holidays for 7 years. Hurricane - well, his whole life.
However, on the other side. Last night a group of kids showed up over here. Curt came before work. 3 other boys play guitar too and I had an impromptu concert in my living room. Unfortunately, only Dane had his guitar so they were passing his around but they told me that they're all bringing guitars either tonight or tomorrow. I don't remember which night they're all coming back. Knowing this group of kids- probably both nights. I love having a group of kids sitting around chatting and well, these are boys so they're bragging and talking smack. But they were also playing pass the guitar and singing. And they promised me an encore performance so... I know they'll come cheer me up later. We have also been invited to dinner with Carol and Colby. My other friend, Sharon, assures me that I'll have a good time once I get there.
And Randi and Cass are coming today. That will be a good time. I've missed my Randi and I'm looking forward to seeing her. And Cass is loads of fun so that will be a good time all around.
Actually, despite the fact that Hurricane won't be here, I'm really looking forward to today. And with the rest of the weekend bound to be a bit hectic, I'm sure it will be a great weekend full of love, laughter, and friends. And some kids who appreciate me a bit more than my own do.
Time to get cooking. I'm making my turkey and fixings tomorrow. Happy Turkey Day all!
4 weeks ago
3 comments:
I'm so not ready for when my kids start missing holidays. I know the day is coming, but I hope it isn't for a few more years. I hope you were still able to enjoy your holiday even though H wouldn't be there.
I hope it ended up being a good day!
It sounds like a very calm and wonderful day for you; even with all of those boys. :-) I'm sorry that your son isn't there but on the other hand, it will be good to have a nice dinner w/o drama, right?
Post a Comment