Little Town in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, United States
I'm a mom of 4 boys: Jay who's 30, Jory who is 27, Tim is 25, and B is 23. I also have a daughter, Kristi who is 33. I have a grandson, Little Bit/Elmer, that was born in July 2009. I have a new grandson who was born in September of 2017. We moved from North TX to East TX on the land of our dreams in '09 and I love the peace and quiet. It's so nice to have trees again after 11 years of flat and hot. I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I'm a huge baseball fan. Some might even call me obsessed with the game. ;) My favorite teams are the Rangers and the Red Sox. Being a Red Sox fan makes life interesting as all 4 of my boys are Yankee fans. (Basically, I only started cheering for the Red Sox to give the boys a hard time and then actually became a fan) I'm a happily single (well...divorced) mom.
What I don't understand is if Donna knows about Tara, why hasn't she told him? I think she's setting you up to look bad in Hurricane's eyes. I would just ignore that message if I were you.
First, let me just say. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your attitude about Little Bits. (That's what my dad used to call me when I was little. He still does sometimes, and he calls my daughter that now. I LOVE that term)! Anyway, you're so right. He didn't do anything wrong. And how can you look at a child, and not just fall in love with them right away; especially when they are a product of someone else that you love with all your heart? Anyway, I think he's very lucky to have you.
Now for the next part of the post. I agree with Sharon. If Donna thinks it's so important, then why doesn't SHE tell him? It's your mom's decision to see and do what she wants to do. Period. If he doesn't want to come because of that, then that's his decision. When my in-laws got divorced, my MIL refused to go anywhere that my FIL was going to be. That was her choice. I wasn't going to have 2 birthday parties and 2 holiday parties. If she CHOSE not to come, that was her decision. She was a big girl. Once she saw that she would miss out on things if she didn't come, then kept her mouth shut, and she showed up. THEY divorced. WE didn't!
Anyway, enough of my high horse. Enjoy your first Halloween with Little Bits.
It seems to me that creating a rift/isolating him from you/the family, he'd rely more on her.
While never having met her, I find you to be a very straight shooter, so I think that you've been very fair in what you post about her. That being said, you're competition to her.
If she's that concerned about your son (which she wouldn't have cheated if she was) she should speak to him directly
Donna says that she doesn't feel that its her business to tell Hurricane. But then, if its not her business to tell him that - then how is it her business to question me about it?
Kou-
Thanks! I need all the well wishes that I can get right now!
Michelle,
Thanks for the comment! And thanks for the words of wisdom. I just don't want drama. None. Zip. Zero. None. And I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend with Little Bit- thank you!
Minnie-
I agree totally. If she's that worried about it all, then she could tell him. I would bet that you're right and I'm the competition. Not ever having felt like I needed to compete for anything, I'm not used to dealing with it. It just seems very insecure and immature behavior to me.
5 comments:
What I don't understand is if Donna knows about Tara, why hasn't she told him? I think she's setting you up to look bad in Hurricane's eyes. I would just ignore that message if I were you.
You used Ice Cube's real name in the first paragraph.
I'm sorry that you're stressed. :-( I'm sending lots of good vibes your way! Things will work out, don't worry.
First, let me just say. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your attitude about Little Bits. (That's what my dad used to call me when I was little. He still does sometimes, and he calls my daughter that now. I LOVE that term)! Anyway, you're so right. He didn't do anything wrong. And how can you look at a child, and not just fall in love with them right away; especially when they are a product of someone else that you love with all your heart? Anyway, I think he's very lucky to have you.
Now for the next part of the post. I agree with Sharon. If Donna thinks it's so important, then why doesn't SHE tell him? It's your mom's decision to see and do what she wants to do. Period. If he doesn't want to come because of that, then that's his decision. When my in-laws got divorced, my MIL refused to go anywhere that my FIL was going to be. That was her choice. I wasn't going to have 2 birthday parties and 2 holiday parties. If she CHOSE not to come, that was her decision. She was a big girl. Once she saw that she would miss out on things if she didn't come, then kept her mouth shut, and she showed up. THEY divorced. WE didn't!
Anyway, enough of my high horse. Enjoy your first Halloween with Little Bits.
Mich
I'll third the motion with regard to Donna.
It seems to me that creating a rift/isolating him from you/the family, he'd rely more on her.
While never having met her, I find you to be a very straight shooter, so I think that you've been very fair in what you post about her. That being said, you're competition to her.
If she's that concerned about your son (which she wouldn't have cheated if she was) she should speak to him directly
Sharon,
Donna says that she doesn't feel that its her business to tell Hurricane. But then, if its not her business to tell him that - then how is it her business to question me about it?
Kou-
Thanks! I need all the well wishes that I can get right now!
Michelle,
Thanks for the comment! And thanks for the words of wisdom. I just don't want drama. None. Zip. Zero. None. And I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend with Little Bit- thank you!
Minnie-
I agree totally. If she's that worried about it all, then she could tell him. I would bet that you're right and I'm the competition. Not ever having felt like I needed to compete for anything, I'm not used to dealing with it. It just seems very insecure and immature behavior to me.
Thanks all!
Post a Comment